PDA

View Full Version : Raceglaze brushes, QD, duster?

kaboose786
09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
-Hey everyone so my friend gave me this set of 5 raceglaze brushes. I have never used these brushes for detailing before so my question is what is the best way to utilize them? what exactly can i use them for?

-I have never used a quick detailer before, recently i bought ONR and i been using it as a clay lube. Since i have used collinite845 on my vehicle is it okay if i use ONR as a quick detailer? or should i go for other qd? What is the point of qd? when should i be using it?

-Lastly what is the best and easiest way to get rid of the dirt on the dash board? I have tried using microfibre cloths but my dash board is not plastic, its some different material where microfibre just isnt easy to move around. So is there some sort of duster?

Thanks

dcjredline
09-23-2012, 08:48 PM
QD is for use between washes etc when you want to quickly clean and protect your car. Its also used for clay lube. Lotsa people here like to finish up their detailing with a QD too.

What kind of car do you have that has a dash with a material other than plasitc? Maybe make and model will help us help you.

kaboose786
09-23-2012, 09:29 PM
QD is for use between washes etc when you want to quickly clean and protect your car. Its also used for clay lube. Lotsa people here like to finish up their detailing with a QD too.

What kind of car do you have that has a dash with a material other than plasitc? Maybe make and model will help us help you.

So i can use QD when my car is dusty from outside? what is the proper method? wouldnt it swirl my paint?

2010 Mazda 3. Microfibre cloth doesnt move freely so its really hard to remove dust.

A-train
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Qd should be used for very light dust. A better option would probably be a waterless wash like Ultima waterless wash. This will provide lots of lubricity. Use multiple clean, quality microfibers.
For the dash you could try some of the interior scrub pads or terry cloth towels.
The raceglaze brushes are great with multiple uses. Wheel and emblem cleaning, interior cleaning, vents, consoles etc. I prefer the larger ones for wheels and the smaller for interiors.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ron Atchison
09-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Some people claim ONR shortens the longevity of 845.

Wayneezy
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
I use Victoria Wax and Optimum QD's. Both are carnuba friendly so Collinite 845 will be fine. Usually in between full washes this is my process

1. Rinse vehicle with low pressure
2. Use foam cannon (set for 5 minutes)
3. High Pressure Rinse
4. Spray QD over entire vehicle
5. MF Towel Dry

The raceglaze brushes i use for a lot of things. Crevices, emblems and outside lettering, lug nut holes, vents, hard to reach places etc. Make sure you clean them after every use. I usually just use hot water and rinse thoroughly.

Hope that helps :)

kaboose786
09-24-2012, 03:26 PM
I use Victoria Wax and Optimum QD's. Both are carnuba friendly so Collinite 845 will be fine. Usually in between full washes this is my process

1. Rinse vehicle with low pressure
2. Use foam cannon (set for 5 minutes)
3. High Pressure Rinse
4. Spray QD over entire vehicle
5. MF Towel Dry

The raceglaze brushes i use for a lot of things. Crevices, emblems and outside lettering, lug nut holes, vents, hard to reach places etc. Make sure you clean them after every use. I usually just use hot water and rinse thoroughly.

Hope that helps :)
thx for replying how come u dont use two bucket method? recently i got foam cannon too so my method is:

1. rinse
2.use foam cannon
3.rinse
4.foam cannon
5.use two bucket method
6.rinse
7.dry

so is that too much?
also how does spraying QD helps drying the car?