PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo -Old Technology in a Modernized Package

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jwgreen6
08-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Cyclo -Old Technology in a Modernized Package (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/cyclo-polisher-accessories/55629-cyclo-old-technology-modernized-package.html)

Cyclo should build a single head model too for those of us who want a DA that will be around for our sons and grandsons to use.

BTW I got the new Backing Plates instead of the boots or the Edge option. I can use any 4" pads. The Cyclo pads are fine quality.

:)

I asked the design engineer about making a 1-head version of the Cyclo and she said the vibration was too high. The combination of the counter-rotating heads plus the counterweights balance out vibration.

Even though the Cyclo's motor uses only 220 watts, the counter-rotating gears in the head make it a forced-rotation polisher, albeit with free-spinning spindles. It's kind of in between the PC and Flex 3401.

Cyclo Toolmakers also make the "Cyclo" branded pads in-house, too.

Sully6541
08-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Is there a retrofit to add the variable speed to the older units?

I emailed them a few months back asking this same question. The representative replied back telling me that it is expensive and informed me that they would give you credit towards the new model.

BrandonS
08-07-2014, 11:12 AM
I emailed them a few months back asking this same question. The representative replied back telling me that it is expensive and informed me that they would give you credit towards the new model.

thanks for the info sully