PDA

View Full Version : Dealership detailing and products

InformedCitizen
09-23-2012, 03:13 AM
I am currently detailing for a dealer, and the request has been made to use the longest lasting/shiniest tire dressing there is.

Currently using the Armor All Foam that I got on clearance for $1 a can.

So the question, in your experience, what is the longest lasting tire spray you have used? Silicon based is fine.

The second layer to the question is, is it financially viable to use? ie. can it be diluted or is it overall cheap?

Thanks!

Bonus : What other tips and tricks can you use to save on products for production/dealership based work? I assume compound is relatively set, you cant dilute it. I currently am using d300 and love it. I buy it by the gallon.

Interior dressing I am using Megs #40 and buying it by the gallon from here.

APC I am using OPC at various dilution levels ranging from 10:1 to 1:1. Also buying it by the gallon from here.

Setec Astronomy
09-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Other than the $1 tire foam, that all seems like incredibly expensive products to be using for dealer detailing, but if you want to stay in that vein, get a gallon of Opti-Bond and dilute it 1:1 and use their spray gun to apply.

h83d
09-23-2012, 06:40 AM
+1 on opti-bond for durability :)

Flash Gordon
09-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Get the Super Blue from your local provider. Should be around $20 a gallon

Where are you?

*Only water based products can be diluted. If you're looking for longevity, you will need a silicone based product

Mike lambert
09-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Hyper dressing 4/1 for interiors would be way cheaper than 40 ,although I love it

InformedCitizen
09-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Located in Oregon. This is not the typical dealer, they want and are willing to spend the money to make the cars extremely nice. Just looking for ways to bring the cost down some.