PDA

View Full Version : There is Bird Poop and there is Atomic Bird Poop...

ReflectiveAuto
09-22-2012, 09:29 PM
My client dropped of her 2010 Black Nissan Versa earlier for a full stage 3 detail. I decided to give her a wash and then park her in the garage so I would have 1 less step to do in the morning. Im glad I did because I discovered the large whitish/grey bird poop would not come off at all. It is like enameled onto the paint. I took video and waiting for it to upload to my FB.

Has anyone come across "Atomic Bird Poop"?

MaxT
09-22-2012, 09:56 PM
I thought this happened quite a bit and has to be polished out (with a light polish)...from reading the forums anyway.

ReflectiveAuto
09-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Well Im watching the Junkmans video on this topic right now. I forgot to mention it is almost flush with the surface ie Clearcoat and when I really mean its like enamel I really mean it. I will attack it tommorrow and film the Panzer attack on the Atomic bird poop. Im afraid that it has eaten through the clearcoat also...the detail bill might be going up for the client for time spent on this mess not being taken care of asap.

StephenK
09-23-2012, 01:09 AM
I would call the customer and explain the situation to her and find out if she is willing to pay for the extra attention that it is gonna take before just upping her bill

ReflectiveAuto
09-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Yes..I wouldnt do anything without asking the customer what they want to do. I have a feeling that she will want it off.