PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Pro Detailer in Las Vegas

Pages : [1] 2

VictoryRed08
09-22-2012, 07:01 PM
WANTED: Pro Detailer in Las Vegas (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/55602-wanted-pro-detailer-las-vegas.html)

Hey

I'd be really grateful if anyone can put me in touch with a good professional detailer in the Vegas area who can take care of some really bad water-spotting on a 2008 Corvette. I'm new to the forum and I don't have any experience with abrasive techniques.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Phillips
09-24-2012, 06:02 AM
***Bump***

Who do we have on the forum that knows what they're doing that can give this guy a hand?

:xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
09-24-2012, 06:03 AM
***Bump***

Who do we have on the forum that knows what they're doing that can give this guy a hand?

:xyxthumbs:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/smack.html

:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
09-24-2012, 06:22 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/smack.html

Thanks Flash and "yes' smack aka Mike is more than qualified to either fix this for VictoryRed08 or show him how he can do it himself...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Hey fellas i have been MIA for a while as I have been tied up at the Barret Jackson event this weekend. I did not do any car work but just showed my presence and support while in uniform on stage at the event. If you guys were watching the opening ceremony Saturday morning I was one of the guys on stage presenting the Flag during the anthem.

Back on topic. Victory, let me know what you want to do get with me. I would be glad to help out.

Mike Phillips
09-24-2012, 08:52 AM
If you guys were watching the opening ceremony Saturday morning I was one of the guys on stage presenting the Flag during the anthem.

Pretty cool!

Back on topic. Victory, let me know what you want to do get with me. I would be glad to help out.

Thanks Mike for offering to help out... I'm confident you can handle this blindfolded...

tuscarora dave
09-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Nice to see you've found someone local to help out!! Mike (smack) has been an active member on different forums for quite some time and will be your local go to guy for this. This is why even as busy as I can get, I still frequent this forum. The word of today should be "altruism".

al·tru·ism/ˈaltro͞oˌizəm/
Noun:

The belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.
Behavior of an animal that benefits another at its own expense.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the kind words fellas. Shouldnt be a problem.

Willing to show the owner the ropes and get him in the right direction or roll up my sleeves and take on the job.

VictoryRed08
09-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the help. You guys have an awesome community on this forum. The warm welcome and all the advice have just been phenomenal. Thanks again!

Smack, I'll definitely take you up on your offer to help.

FUNX650
09-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the kind words fellas. Shouldnt be a problem.

Willing to show the owner the ropes and get him in the right direction or roll up my sleeves and take on the job.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the help. You guys have an awesome community on this forum. The warm welcome and all the advice have just been phenomenal. Thanks again!

Smack, I'll definitely take you up on your offer to help.

Thanks, smack, for becoming involved in
VictoryRed08's vehicle waterspotting-correction. :dblthumb2:

I'm positive you will 'get er done'!!

Also...
Once this vehicle's surface areas have been fully corrected;
and, since you're more familiar than I am with the climate/environment
in the Las Vegas area; I'm curious to the LSP's you recommend for not only
VictoryRed08's vehicle, but others that reside in similar climes, in order to
help avoid future events such as severe waterspotting, etc., to ones vehicle.

Please keep us apprised on the progress of this project. Thanks.

:)

Bob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Sure will Bob.

We all know that OC2.0 is the best thing for protecting a vehicle against the elements.

For a tradtional sealant I have used DP poli coat as a great alternative to the OC2.0

FUNX650
09-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Sure will Bob.

We all know that OC2.0 is the best thing for protecting a vehicle against the elements.

For a tradtional sealant I have used DP poli coat as a great alternative to the OC2.0

Thanks for your reply smack...I appreciate it!

(Staying subscribed!!)

Bob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks, smack, for becoming involved in
VictoryRed08's vehicle waterspotting-correction. :dblthumb2:

I'm positive you will 'get er done'!!

Also...
Once this vehicle's surface areas have been fully corrected;
and, since you're more familiar than I am with the climate/environment
in the Las Vegas area; I'm curious to the LSP's you recommend for not only
VictoryRed08's vehicle, but others that reside in similar climes, in order to
help avoid future events such as severe waterspotting, etc., to ones vehicle.

Please keep us apprised on the progress of this project. Thanks.

Bob

Hey Bob just wanted to provide you and others an update with the Corvette. I have met with the owner and did a test spot to see what was going to work. I forgot to bring my brinkman and did not get any pictures last wednesday night. VR08 should be in here soon to post the after pictures of the test spot.

For the test spot I used my Meguiars G110v2 with a Cyan hydrotech pad and Ultimate Compound. I then followed that with the Tangerine pad with Ultimate polish. I put a thin coat of tech wax 2.0 just to keep it protected untill I go get the car this coming weekend (first weekend of October)

When I get the car for the weekend I am going to move up to M105/M205 and utilize all three pads from the hydrotech line and then seal it in with Wolgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant.

VictoryRed08
09-30-2012, 01:23 PM
So a professional photographer friend of mine once told me how hard it is to shoot red, which I've just been learning. Anyway, here's a picture of the test spot. It was pretty hard getting a good angle to show the difference. But I think in this shot you can really tell between the area Smack treated towards the rear of the photo, and the heavily water-spotted untreated area in the foreground. The treated test spot looks like polished glass. The water-spots are gone, along with all the swirls and blemishes on the paint. It's a pretty immaculate result.

I've really been impressed with Smack's knowledge and skill at detailing. He did a great job on that test spot and I can't wait to see what the car looks like when he gets done with it.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1556/medium/For_Website.JPG

VictoryRed08
09-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Close up. Treated area on the left in this photo.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1556/medium/DSC00886_1_.JPG