PDA

View Full Version : New Wash Method for CG EcoWash

DocV
09-22-2012, 12:37 AM
So after seeing Gary Dean's method of using a single bucket wash method with a rinseless wash and individual towels, I decided to try this with Chemical Guys Hose Free EcoWash (CG HFEW). I mixed 1oz. EcoWash into 2 gal. water, but that produced too many bubbles on the paint so I diluted it with an additional 1 gal for a total of 3 gal. This concentration seemed somewhat slick with manageable bubbles.

To the wash solution I added 15 microfiber towels to soak. I pre-sprayed each section with a 1:6 diluted HFEW solution and allowed that to s0ak while I grabbed a soaking towel. After lightly squeezing out the towel, I wiped from the top to the bottom of each section (e.g. front door, hood, roof, grill) in a Z pattern. Once I reached the bottom of the section I refolded the towel and repeated the wipe down again for that section to ensure that it was clean. After completing each panel it was dried.

I even used the 1:6 pre-wash spray to do the wheels and it released the dirt better than using 1:3 diluted Simple Green HD Pro.

Overall this worked technique worked great and was extremely easy to do. One tweak would be to further dilute the pre-wash spray 1:8 to further reduce bubbles. If anyone with more experience with HFEW could recommend the amount of slickness between your fingers that works best, it would be appreciated.

mjlinane
09-22-2012, 05:53 AM
I am a big fan of the GDWM! Takes me only about 20 minutes to wash a medium sized car that way and feel very safe doing so.