PDA

View Full Version : products for my red car

Pages : [1] 2

the_viking
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Hello!

I have a 1997 Audi A3 who is red i colour. I have allways used products from Autoglym when I have detailed my car. Last summer i bought an Hitachi SP18VA 7” Polisher but the results i got from the autoglym produts where not as good as I had hoped for. Soo now I want to try something new. I have read a bit about the products fro Pinnacle and found out that this is maybe something that could work for me. I tought about bying this set: XMT Pad Maintenance Kit by Pinnacle For your dual action or rotary polisher. (http://www.autogeek.net/pixmtinswrek.html) with a matching backing plate.

Would this be the right detailing products for my car? I am after a shiny and wet look.

Im new to this site so please forgive me if I posted this under the wrong subforum.

Surfer
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
XMT is a good line, I just don't care for the glaze. I would rather have the Edge pads as well. But whatever you do, if you get that kit add some Natty's Blue or Souveran as both excell on solid colors.

bambo2888
04-17-2007, 10:40 AM
what surfer said

the_viking
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the fast reply guys!

Then I will buy the swirl remover products serperatly. Its ok to buy the #1 and #3 ? You mention the Edge pads. Which colour on the pads is best for these products?
Also, I did a search on the Souveran product and a hole list came up. Just want to make sure that its the Souveran liquid wax you mean ?

I also need some new products for washing. Is Megs NXT car was the product to use ?

allot of question here :p

P1et
04-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Hello Viking!

Be aware that VAG paints are on the hard side. I've read reports where someone had a red Polo and they had trouble getting rid of the defects even by using SSR2.5 on an orange pad.

Keep that in mind when selecting polishes...

Surfer
04-17-2007, 01:06 PM
For cut, you'll definitley want something along the lines of Optimum Compound, which I'm assuming XMT4 is near from what people have said. If OC won't remove stuff, you need a rotary lol. But yeh, Audi/VW paint is hard as nails.

ScottB
04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
with flat reds, blacks and yellows the combo's are AIO and Souveran Paste or UPP and Souveran Paste.

Truls
04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Duragloss 101 and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran...rules on red

Swirls? XMT line is good, and watch out for the new XMT360, not tryed it yet (its at the post office:):) ), but it gets good feedbacks.

Truls
04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
And Poorboys ss&s is a great soap, keeps the paint slick, NXT works well, but it takes some of the slicknes away, youll need a QD after (Duragloss Aquawax feks)

budman3
04-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd skip the XMT 1 personally, it won't do anything for swirls. My experience with Audi's is hard clear coat so you may need to go a little agressive to bust the swirls. Since you are using a rotary I'm going to suggest that you look at Optimum line of polishes. Optimum Compund (or Hyper Compound) and Optimum polish would be great candidates, especially on the rotary. They are my go to polishes with the rotary. How proficient are you with the rotary? I'd pay more attention to that then the products you use, technique is often times better than products.

Once you remove the defects (swirls, light scratches, hazing) you can use any of the combos above; Klasse AIO & Souveran Paste, AIO & 4* UPP, EX and Natty's Blue, etc etc etc.

sparkie
04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
And Poorboys ss&s is a great soap, keeps the paint slick, NXT works well, but it takes some of the slicknes away, youll need a QD after (Duragloss Aquawax feks):D

the_viking, Welcome to AGOL!

the_viking
04-18-2007, 04:33 AM
Duragloss 101 and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran...rules on red

Swirls? XMT line is good, and watch out for the new XMT360, not tryed it yet (its at the post office:):) ), but it gets good feedbacks.

How are the duragloss with the rotary ?

Truls
04-18-2007, 06:01 AM
DuraGloss by hand or PC, i wouldnt use the rotary personaly (use too much product) if you do i would go on low speed,

DG101 cleans, shines and protectes (not correcting much swirls) The DG 101 IMO is best applying by hand or better with a polishing pal. Same goes for the Pinnacle LS.

Got a red car myself, and i know the DG 101 + Pinnacle LS combo will give you a Gloss shock..

the_viking
04-18-2007, 08:31 AM
DuraGloss by hand or PC, i wouldnt use the rotary personaly (use too much product) if you do i would go on low speed,

DG101 cleans, shines and protectes (not correcting much swirls) The DG 101 IMO is best applying by hand or better with a polishing pal. Same goes for the Pinnacle LS.

Got a red car myself, and i know the DG 101 + Pinnacle LS combo will give you a Gloss shock..

Thanks Truls!

Ive seen your car and if you use these products I think I will to :) But I have some swirls could I for example use the xmt swirls remover #3 before the DG 101+ then finish with the pinnacle LS ?

sparkie
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks Truls!

Ive seen your car and if you use these products I think I will to :) But I have some swirls could I for example use the xmt swirls remover #3 before the DG 101+ then finish with the pinnacle LS ?
Yes, that will work. Check out the link!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/5180-red-f-350-pink-box.html