PDA

View Full Version : waterless wash

kingweb50
09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
when using a waterless wash should you only wipe one time with each face of a folded microfiber and switch face of towel every wipe?

rider9195
09-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I will flip to a clean side after every panel usually. Especially when the paint is dirty. I only use waterless washes when there is very light dust on the paint though.

BobbyG
09-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Waterless washes have their place but are limited to use when the surface is no more then a moderate dust. While they do contain lubricants they're not meant to replace a regular or rinseless wash.

Spray liberally, allow to sit, then wipe gently in a straight line. Do not wipe in a circular motion as you might when doing a regular wash.. Flip the towel and use a fresh section and continue until complete.

I much prefer a rinseless wash to a waterless wash.

How dirty is too dirty to safely use a rinseless wash? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23602-how-dirty-too-dirty-safely-use-rinseless-wash.html)

kingweb50
09-21-2012, 07:32 PM
thanks, yeah my truck was just dusty then it got rained on today so had all the dry dust spots left. I bought uww a while ago but have never used it yet so I thought I should ask first about technique.

mwoolfso
09-21-2012, 07:44 PM
It really depends on the amount of dirt the towel is picking up. I may not switch to a clean side after every panel and for the most part it is almost a given that I will need to switch to a clean side after every 2 panels. My VW's paint is very hard and thus more forgiving than a softer paint.

barryscott
09-22-2012, 12:10 AM
If the truck was dusty, then was rained on, I would skip the waterless wash and go with a rinseless wash.

ScottB
09-22-2012, 09:32 AM
use alot of towels .. play it safe !

faulksy
09-24-2012, 03:11 AM
It's better to use too many towels then too few. As I wipe my folded towel over the paint surface the downwards pressure I place moves from the left to the right hand side of the towel. This reduces the risk of marring as I pick up dirt.