PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle MF cleaner Vs. Microrestore Vs. Woolite

Pages : [1] 2

AUdakota
04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
When I first started my collectiong of MF's I just used woolite to clean em and let them air dry. Now that I realize I have almost $100 in towels:righton: I was wondering if I should protect my investment by stepping up to a dedicated MF cleaner. Are they really worth the extra price?

bambo2888
04-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I use MicroRestore with a little vinegar every wash. I have never used Pinnacle's cleaner though; I am however going to try it. My current method seems to fluff them up pretty good while not introducing any softeners or harsh detergent, nor any dyes or scents.

AUdakota
04-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I like how you can use the pinnacle in such small increments (1 oz.) bc I usually dont clean that many towels at once. Can this be done with micro restore?

bambo2888
04-17-2007, 10:10 AM
I like how you can use the pinnacle in such small increments (1 oz.) bc I usually dont clean that many towels at once. Can this be done with micro restore?

yup

greg'sgoat
04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Microrestore will also clean compound and polish off pads. Half an ounce in a~gallon of water usually works reall well.

Ong~Bak
04-17-2007, 11:57 AM
If I thew MF `s in with the towels laundry day would it be ok?
Will there be residue left from the tide with bleach?
When I dry off after showering I don`t smell like bleach :p
Just wondering guy`s

Chai Yo
Todd

Jimmie
04-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Just wondering guy`s

Chai Yo
Todd

Todd, MF's will pick up lint from terry cloth and it's nearly impossible to get it off the MF. I wash MF's separately.

Al-53
04-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Just wondering guy`s

Chai Yo
Todd

Do not wash MF's with house towels..the MF's will collect the cotton lint on them..wash MF's by themselves...use tide free also...the bleach may run the colors plus stiffen the MF fibers...any of the laundry soaps that are perfume..softner.. bleach free.. work good...add a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse and good to go...nice clean towels..

Al

Ong~Bak
04-17-2007, 12:19 PM
whoooo Thanks ! I was going to do that now I know better, so I will buy some MF cleaner on next order.... Thanks again

Chai Yo
Todd

supercharged
04-17-2007, 12:22 PM
When I first started my collectiong of MF's I just used woolite to clean em and let them air dry. Now that I realize I have almost $100 in towels:righton: I was wondering if I should protect my investment by stepping up to a dedicated MF cleaner. Are they really worth the extra price?
I have only used Pinnacle, and am very safisfied with results. From what I've heard you can get very same results with Microrestore.

Jimmie
04-17-2007, 12:41 PM

:iagree: with what Al said in his post about detergents. I learned the vinegar trick on here (probably from Al earlier posts) and use it each time. Here's my routine that's worked good so far.
Wash two to three washes with Woolite; vinegar rinse. Then wash with Microrestore; no vinegar. They feel the same after washing either way.

P1et
04-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I just re-arranged my MF collection on Sunday and was amazed how many I have already collected!

Since I don't let mine get too dirty, I am satisfied washing them with Woolite in warm water and give them a second rinse. I air dry them afterwards in our second bathroom on plastic hangers. Works great!

ScottB
04-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I am extremely satisfied with Microrestore ... and I love Pinnacles also. Just depends which is on sale when I need to order, and guess what, its that time again so thanks for help.

AUdakota
04-17-2007, 05:59 PM
consider it nothing amigo. I think I might get the pinnacle as well.

orngez
04-19-2007, 10:07 PM
i like the micro restore..very versatile...works great for home use as well..my bath towels are much more plush and absorbant....and no fabric softener needed...also 10 to 1 dilution in a spray bottle makes a pad cleaner that even gets wax out of my finishing pads...i have tried mixing micro restore and woolite and micro restore and vinegar and found no extra oomph in the the cleaning...works great on its own...and sprayed on carpet and then extracted out it makes a great carpet and floor mat cleaner...