PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

Chevyguy17
04-17-2007, 08:13 AM
This might not be the correct place for this post but I could really use some help. I have an enclosed car trailer that has been sitting out in the elements here in Illinois for the past two years. I have not used it in that period and the alumimun sides have taking a beating. Does any body have any ideas or know of products that I may use to clean and possibly bring back some of the shine. It is a lighter champaign color. To clean it I've been told to use Simple Green, lightly diluted, scrub and then pressure wash. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Whitethunder46
04-17-2007, 08:23 AM
This might not be the correct place for this post but I could really use some help. I have an enclosed car trailer that has been sitting out in the elements here in Illinois for the past two years. I have not used it in that period and the alumimun sides have taking a beating. Does any body have any ideas or know of products that I may use to clean and possibly bring back some of the shine. It is a lighter champaign color. To clean it I've been told to use Simple Green, lightly diluted, scrub and then pressure wash. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

You could certainly just wash it with a quality car wash soap, such as NXT or Gold Class since you can find that OTC. You can also add about a cup of Simple green to the wash bucket.

I personally would use an ounce per gallon of soap up tp 3 gallons and then add the Simple Green.

I wouldn't wash with just the simple green.

bambo2888
04-17-2007, 08:40 AM
after washing it with hart's suggestion or any soap for that matter, consider protecting your work and teh trailer's aluminum with a quality sealant (ie. Wolfgang Deep Gloss) or a carnuaba (ie. MaxWax or SSII). I wouldn't invest in Souveran for just the trailer, but perhaps you could consider getting a can of it for both your car and the trailer.

nick19
04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Any pictures? Does it have water etchings and/or oxidation?

Chevyguy17
04-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry no pictures. The dirt seems to be sun baked and oxidized if that makes sense.

nick19
04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry no pictures. The dirt seems to be sun baked and oxidized if that makes sense.

Do you have a PC?

Chevyguy17
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Yes I do.

orngez
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes I do.

time to polish :awesome:...any of the polish lines should do a good job...xmt..poorboys...optimum...etc...i would pm meghan as she had botles of blue moose creme available..not sure if anyone picked it up yet but it does a great job cleaning up paint that has been neglected and baked in the elements...a good first step before polishing....

Chevyguy17
04-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your help. I try to take before and after pictures.

budman3
04-18-2007, 01:49 PM
It sounds like you need a strong chemical cleaner like Klasse AIO to clean the paint to get rid of the dirt and oxidation. Other products that would work are Poorboy's Polish with Sealant, Carnauba or Pro Polish, Meguiar's #66, XMT360, etc. I wouldn't go too strong with the SSRs, XMT or Optimum because most likely the trailer doesn't have thick paint. So use one of the above polishes with a polishing pad (at most a light cut pad) with the PC and hopefully that'll do the trick.

FWIW- Poorboy's Pro Polish may be your best bet on the oxidation and when you use the light cut pad it'll make the polish a little more aggressive to bite through the oxidized paint. The others will work as well though.