PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Attempt post of the Griots Paint Sealant Test.

ReflectiveAuto
09-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Im sorry but I could not edit my post that I made earlier due to the systme not allowing me to post pics and further info of my Griots Sealant test that I did earlier today.

Admins please feel free to delete my earlier post.

1. Passenger side had the Griots Sealant applied and was left on for 2 hours then wiped off with the brand new super plush and super soft MF towel from Metropolitan Detailing that I recieved today. ( I will review that MF Towel very soon). The Sealant was applied over Megs Crystal polish (no wax appied)

2. Carbanuba wax appied on driver side with no sealant.

I did the water test on both sides to see which side was the slickest.

Here is the results.

davey g-force
09-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Its a bit hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the side with the Carnuaba is sheeting water better, whereas the sealant is beading?

ReflectiveAuto
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
the driver side had no sealant just carnuaba wax had hardly any water on it...the passenger side with the sealant had alot more water on it

Capa1970
09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
These test aren't exactly "scientific" but does the Griot's sealant claim to sheet water instead of bead?

ReflectiveAuto
09-21-2012, 06:24 PM
These test aren't exactly "scientific" but does the Griot's sealant claim to sheet water instead of bead?

Yes not very scientific but it did show that the Griots sealant was not very slippery at all...not like it is advertised.