PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Paint Sealant and Humidity question

Quattro3.2
09-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Fellow geeks,

I am helping my pops out by cleaning up his black 2005 Explorer Sport Trac. I used the 105/205 combo and it turned out pretty good. The paint has some deep scratches and scuff that didnt come out as well as I had hoped, but that's beside the point. I used Wolfgang paint sealant as the LSP. i know it has a 12 hour cure time and cannot get wet. its parked in the garage and will have close to a 20 hour cure before I can get back to it. Do i need to be concerned about how humid it is here in Florida? I searched and saw that the humdity can cause streaking. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks for the thoughts.

FUNX650
09-20-2012, 07:07 AM
-I've never read that 'humidity' can cause WGDGPS to streak
while its undergoing the 12 hr curing process.

-Humidity has never been factor in any of my applications of WGDGPS.

Now...If the humidity is high enough in the garage, (where
the WGDGPS-ed 2005 Explorer Sport Trac is parked),
to where moisture is forming and dripping upon the truck...That may be an issue.

If you don't mind...Keep us posted.

:)

Bob

dchristo
09-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Im in Florida too and never had a problem

Nick McKees37
09-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Fellow geeks,

I am helping my pops out by cleaning up his black 2005 Explorer Sport Trac. I used the 105/205 combo and it turned out pretty good. The paint has some deep scratches and scuff that didnt come out as well as I had hoped, but that's beside the point. I used Wolfgang paint sealant as the LSP. i know it has a 12 hour cure time and cannot get wet. its parked in the garage and will have close to a 20 hour cure before I can get back to it. Do i need to be concerned about how humid it is here in Florida? I searched and saw that the humdity can cause streaking. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks for the thoughts.

Apply a thin, even coat and let it dry to a haze for 45 minutes to an hour before wiping it off. Let it cure for 12 hours and that's all there is to it. :dblthumb2:

Chris's FX4
09-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Humidity has never affected any of my applications of it as well.

I'm even forced to let my truck sit outside overnight while it cures, and the morning dew has never caused any problems.

Quattro3.2
09-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys. Got home from work and it wiped right off. I had read on a forum post that someone had issues, but it was no problem at all. Looks great. No moisture issues, no streaks.

I normally use power lock, but I had the Wolfgang handy and thought we give it a shot. I was impressed at how easy it went on and came off. In the end I like it, but I like the finish that power lock provides.

Bodedetailing
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I am in South Florida, and i have also never had a problem with humidity and the wolfgang paint sealant, just try to have your car in the best environment you can give it to cure.

I also had one other question for this forum... I love the Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0, but i am wondering if anyone has tried to apply it in the sun? i just applied the sealant in the sun on a clients car the other day, and within a week it feels as though there is no sealant left.... any tips?

I know that in a perfect world we would all be able to work on our cars in the shade, but in my case its not always plausible. would everyone still recommend wolfgang sealant, or move to another product?

addysdaddy
10-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Just switch your LSP to the WG Deep Gloss Liquid Sealant - problem solved. :xyxthumbs: