PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait before using sealant

superd
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
With my new 6mo old I decided to take a nap the only time I could which was driving into work and kissed a gaurd rail down the entire passenger side!!! I was lucky it was a short nap. Repairs are done, paint is new, and I'm unsure how to care for the new paint.

How long should I wait or what steps should be done to protect the newly painted areas?

I would ultimately like to clay, polish, and use either fusion or WDGPS as soon as possible prior to the weather change.

Feed back please

rider9195
09-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Ask the shop who painted your car. Usually there is a 30 day wait period. But just ask the painter.

RMM
09-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Ask the shop who painted your car. Usually there is a 30 day wait period. But just ask the painter.

:iagree:

Usually, 1 month is enough for the paint to cure. But on very special paints that can stretch up to 3 months. As for the painter: I really don't think they are trustworthy...

By the way: you can already polish - waxing or sealing are the steps that are forbidden.

rider9195
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
By the way: you can already polish - waxing or sealing are the steps that are forbidden.

Good point! As long as the paint can gas out(I believe that is what painters call it) you will be okay. I would make sure all the polishing oils are off the paint though if you do end up polishing it. Just something it wouldn't hurt to do as the oils could possibly block the paint from being able to gas out.