PDA

View Full Version : been using pinnacle cleansing lotion....

Pages : [1] 2

jjj
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello all. I have been using pinnacle cleaning lotion to remove wax for a long time. Are there any other easy to use that you recommend? I use it for ease of use and the fact that most waxes and sealants are removed with one coat. I have been told to use PB professional polish. Any thoughts?

rider9195
09-18-2012, 10:46 PM
I use Wolfgang Paint Work Polish Enhancer. It cleans the paint very well, leaves behind a great shine, and will fill in light imperfections.

cleanmycorolla
09-18-2012, 11:08 PM
I like Blackfire GEP it's the same concept as wolfgang ppe and the pinnacle. I have heard Pb's pro polish is great, I know I love PB's polsih w/ sealant!

Rsurfer
09-19-2012, 12:54 AM
P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is another great cleansing lotion.

Dr Oldz
09-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Agreed with all the above. I really like Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion! The only product I find easier to use and just effective is Auto Finesse Rejuvinate. It is by far the easiest to use paintwork cleanser.

mwoolfso
09-19-2012, 06:37 AM
I've heard Duragloss 501 has chemical and abrasive cleaners in it; has peaked my interest for a future purchase.

jjj
09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

oldgeek
09-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Just wondering... If you just want to remove old wax, I thought the concensus was to just wash the car with Dawn dishwashing liquid or something like CG Citrus wash.

KneeDragr
09-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Just wondering... If you just want to remove old wax, I thought the concensus was to just wash the car with Dawn dishwashing liquid or something like CG Citrus wash.

That may not remove a tough sealant like Wolfgang or Zaino.

Ive been using P21s for the last couple years, still have about 1/3 left, but will probably try Pinnacle when its done.

jjj
09-19-2012, 08:45 AM

I don't like the dawn idea for the fact of how it can act on rubber/seals etc. I like CG, but I have noticed that on products like collinite and synth sealants it does not get them off easily. I don't like scrubbing hard with washes due to scratching/swirling the paint. It is just my preference. I like getting the old wax off wih as little scrubbing and products that can cause issuses later. If you know of a different cncentration ratio for CG I am always open to new ideas and trials.

07gtcs
09-19-2012, 11:40 AM
If a guy would want to remove some swirling on his paint, would you use the swirl remover after using the paint cleansing lotion, and then wax/seal ? Or is it better to do the Dawn/Citrus was, swirl removal, then wax/seal?

cleanmycorolla
09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
^^If you're going to truly polish, you can skip the cleansing lotion. Ideally, I use cleansing lotion in between polishes to to clean and to clear up any sealant or wax for a reapplication.

KneeDragr
09-19-2012, 11:49 AM
^^If you're going to truly polish, you can skip the cleansing lotion. Ideally, I use cleansing lotion in between polishes to to clean and to clear up any sealant or wax for a reapplication.

I actually use the cleansing lotion after I clay, before I polish so the pads stay cleaner.

cleanmycorolla
09-19-2012, 11:51 AM
I actually use the cleansing lotion after I clay, before I polish so the pads stay cleaner.

Thats a good suggestion! After I clay i will usually rinseless or waterless wash but totally see how your suggestion can work too, makes sense! :xyxthumbs:

SR99
09-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Prima Amigo might be another one to consider. It is sort of a multi-tasker (paint cleanser, filler, glaze) depending what pads/speeds you use, and is easy to apply.

Some info on the ways Amigo can be used:
Need tips on applying Amigo - North American Motoring (http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/detailing-101/173297-need-tips-on-applying-amigo.html#post2838935)