PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been detailing much...

WRAPT C5Z06
09-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I've been concentrating on modifying my new '12 GT. I've had it more than a week, so I must like it...lol! The car has no swirls, so I didn't polish it. I did IronX, clay, and put a couple coats of Gtechniq silo seal. As far as the interior, DP interior protectant has been working great.

Mods: California special lower front valence, BMR lowering springs, GT500 strut mounts, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, J&M adjustable Panhard bar, flowmaster outlaw axleback, ford racing sway bars, and ordered 20" gloss gunmetal forgestar f14's. Once I get the wheels mounted, I'll post some pics. :D

It's a really fun car!

john b
09-18-2012, 12:02 AM
was wondering where ya been.how do you like the silo seal?

drbobbybones
09-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Love the car, but why not enjoy it a bit while it's stock? All those mods are fun, but it makes it hard to judge a baseline or figure out problems when so many changes are made at once. Just my 2 cents.

My car is bone stock, BTW. Kinda punny for an orthopedic surgeon, I guess.

timaishu
09-18-2012, 01:13 AM
One of these days Im going to lower my Altima.

We've missed you mark.

timaishu
09-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Love the car, but why not enjoy it a bit while it's stock? All those mods are fun, but it makes it hard to judge a baseline or figure out problems when so many changes are made at once. Just my 2 cents.

My car is bone stock, BTW. Kinda punny for an orthopedic surgeon, I guess.

A DD GTR? Sweet! Good for you treating the car like a car.

Mike Phillips
09-18-2012, 06:02 AM
I did IronX,

The wheels and paint?

If so, did you see any bleading on either?

:)

WRAPT C5Z06
09-18-2012, 06:47 AM
The wheels and paint?

If so, did you see any bleading on either?

Just the paint. The wheels are being swapped out, so I wasn't concerned with those. Yes, there was very noticeable bleeding on the paint!!

yank194
09-18-2012, 08:56 AM
That's cool and all, but if you really want to mod, why not concentrate on the engine? Or is that next?

Get yourself some longtube headers (preferably Kooks or ARH), high flow catted H-pipe, CAI (numerous to choose from - I have C&L Racer), add some FRPP Hot Rod cams and either install some 4.10 gears for better pickup or keep the 3.73s, which is fine. That is my set up and it sounds NASTY w/the Flowmasters. Unless you are going the S/C route.

Just my two cents b/c I think you would like that set up. Can't wait to see your pics. :)

Almost forgot, you'll need a tune w/all those mods. Best to dyno tune it.

tuscarora dave
09-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi Mark!! Glad to hear you're having some fun and investing some time and money into your newest car. Sounds like you might be keeping this one for a while. Can't wait to see the pics.

FUNX650
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Mods: California special lower front valence, BMR lowering springs, GT500 strut mounts, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, J&M adjustable Panhard bar, flowmaster outlaw axleback, ford racing sway bars, and ordered 20" gloss gunmetal forgestar f14's. Once I get the wheels mounted, I'll post some pics. :D

It's a really fun car!

^^^...:wow:...:cool:...:dblthumb2:...^^^

Hi Mark!! Glad to hear you're having some fun and investing some time and money into your newest car. Sounds like you might be keeping this one for a while. Can't wait to see the pics.
^^^:iagree:^^^

The wheels are being swapped out...

At my age, I'm not concerned about the mods I've made to a couple
of my vehicles...As far as: Going back to "stock"/"re-sale value" goes.

Though, if I were a younger Man, as you are Mark...

(Just a suggestion)

Bob

Klasse Act
09-18-2012, 10:12 AM
We all sure wanna see those pics Mark!

Chris's FX4
09-18-2012, 10:15 AM
We all sure wanna see those pics Mark!

:iagree:

Those wheels are really gonna set it off.:props:

Southern Stang
09-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I want the f14's in gloss black! Your car is going to be so sexy. I've been away from AG for a while but I'm making a comeback! Didn't you start with a new body 5.0 and swap it for a new SS? So your back in a 5.0 again? And wasn't a Z in the picture somewhere lol. Can't wait to see pics of the coyote!

drbobbybones
09-18-2012, 10:11 PM
A DD GTR? Sweet! Good for you treating the car like a car.

Yup... I daily drive it and I love it. It is actually really pretty practical as far as supercars go :xyxthumbs:

Sorry to hijack this thread... Im the MAN

Mike Phillips
09-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Yes, there was very noticeable bleeding on the paint!!

Good point for others to take note of... even a brand new car needs to be decontaminated.

Did you take any pictures?