PDA

View Full Version : Who uses waffle weaves for QDs and WW?

Waxmax
09-17-2012, 06:54 PM
I've started using waffle weave towels (16x24 size) for applying QDs and waterless washes to eliminate MF linting.

Was wondering if others do too.

davidc
09-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I've started using waffle weave towels (16x24 size) for applying QDs and waterless washes to eliminate MF linting.

Funny you mention this. I just started using a guzzler with DG932 mixed as a QD and it seems to work better than any MF I have used.

Dave

rider9195
09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
I thought waffle weaves are made of microfiber?

Only bad thing I see about this is where does all the dirt go on the towel? There is no nap where it can get trapped.

Rsurfer
09-17-2012, 07:02 PM

IMO ww are for drying a clean car. Use a long nap mf for waterless washing. The long nap will pick up the dirt and follow with a second mf for a final wipe. If your mf is linting you have the wrong mf towels. A good quality mf should not lint.

Waxmax
09-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I have many high quality MF towels which eventually lint....(Cobras, Zainos, Sonus). Sometimes I'll use a long nap MF for the waterless wash, then follow with the waffle weave to remove any lint.

Rsurfer
09-18-2012, 12:41 AM
I have many high quality MF towels which eventually lint....(Cobras, Zainos, Sonus). Sometimes I'll use a long nap MF for the waterless wash, then follow with the waffle weave to remove any lint.

Well your high quality mf's are not very high quality if they lint.

c5errr
09-18-2012, 05:58 AM
i dont use waterless wash
rinse, wash, rinse, wafle weave to dry, QD with MF and all meguiars

jjj
09-18-2012, 06:49 AM
IMO ww are for drying a clean car. Use a long nap mf for waterless washing. The long nap will pick up the dirt and follow with a second mf for a final wipe. If your mf is linting you have the wrong mf towels. A good quality mf should not lint.

:iagree:I have been using griots ww for drying and it works good usually 2- 3 for full size cars like chry 300. I have seen people say that they can dry a car with one. They must not have much wax on it. I even use diff MF for windows.

Meghan
09-18-2012, 07:26 AM
I like to wash the car then when still wet spray it down with a QD like Final Gloss and use the Guzzler to dry. Hard to fight water spots in Fla heat and this seems to help with my drying.

Rsurfer
09-18-2012, 01:05 PM
:iagree:I have been using griots ww for drying and it works good usually 2- 3 for full size cars like chry 300. I have seen people say that they can dry a car with one. They must not have much wax on it. I even use diff MF for windows.

JJJ, after rinsing, take the nozzle off the hose and just let the water free flow out of the hose. The water will just sheeth off the surface leaving very little water to dry. I call it drying with water.:xyxthumbs:

SON1C
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah you need new quality mfs or wash the ones you have, if your mf still lints after an initial wash something's up