PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Leather in a King Ranch

KJW Detailing
09-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Have a detail coming up on Wednesday on a Ford F150 King Ranch. Prepping it for the customer to sell. It has the saddle leather and I want to make sure it's properly cleaned. I have APC+ and Pinnacles Leather Cleaner Conditioner. Either of these ok to use on this specific leather?

Thanks!

Texsox
09-17-2012, 05:48 PM
This thread may help

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/54220-ford-king-ranch-leather.html

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk

FUNX650
09-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Have a detail coming up on Wednesday on a Ford F150 King Ranch. Prepping it for the customer to sell. It has the saddle leather and I want to make sure it's properly cleaned. I have APC+ and Pinnacles Leather Cleaner Conditioner. Either of these ok to use on this specific leather?

Thanks!

If I’m not mistaken…
-The King Ranch leather is usually: Chaparral or Castano aniline-leather.
-It needs an aniline-leather cleaner/protector...
-White 'cloths' only!

This is what I recommend:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/AnilineLeatherCare.jpg

:)

Bob

ihaveacamaro
09-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Random and not helpful, but I actually am friends with the son of the owner of king ranch :) nice guy, never met the father though

RoadRageDetail
09-17-2012, 11:28 PM
FUNX nailed it. Ford's own cleaner/conditioner available at the dealer is one of the best things on the market for king ranch leather.

KJW Detailing
09-18-2012, 12:51 PM
apparently, ford dealerships no longer carry the king ranch leather cleaner/conditioner. Or at least all the dealerships are here.

FUNX650
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
apparently, ford dealerships no longer carry the king ranch leather cleaner/conditioner. Or at least all the dealerships are here.

Your best bet then would be:

Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html)

I sense time is of the essence, though...

Have a detail coming up on Wednesday on a Ford F150 King Ranch.

-Where do you live?
Is there the possibility of a 'fine-furniture' store nearby?

Bob

tuscarora dave
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Is there a Fisher/Federated auto parts store or a NAPA auto parts store nearby your location? Both of those places carry Duragloss and can usually get next day special orders on any Duragloss products.

KJW Detailing
09-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I've already spoken with the customer and since he's having it detailed to sell, he said to pass on doing anything to the seats and just focus on everything else.

FUNX650
09-19-2012, 05:19 AM
I've already spoken with the customer and since he's having it detailed to sell, he said to pass on doing anything to the seats and just focus on everything else.

If this customer appreciates the current 'patina' of his vehicle's King Ranch
seating areas; and, believes a potential buyer will also...Then:

I suppose that's one less item for you to detail/worry about...
Hope it doesn't reduce your "total-package price" too much.

Probably wouldn't hurt to gather-up a few products for any further customers' vehicles
that are equipped with King Ranch appointed cabin areas, though...IMO.

Bob