PDA

View Full Version : Glazes

spitshine1
09-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi!
I am looking for a glaze.
Both of the cars are silver in color.
I do have a rotary Dewalt I use.
Has anybody used the Chemical Guys Product line.
Any Ideas about Megs?
Thank You!!!!

rider9195
09-16-2012, 09:18 PM
In my opinion, glazes are pointless on lighter colors. At least that is what I see from my results. A light polish will do the same thing except the results are there to stay!

I use Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze and love how easy it is to work with. Glossworkz is an upgraded version that fills more.

jjj
09-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Xmt carnuba glaze for me.

ReflectiveAuto
09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi!
Any Ideas about Megs?
Thank You!!!!

I used Zymol Wax on this Acura..it came out great.

tpr1634
09-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Chemical guys blacklight works well, I also use Their EZ creme.

Ohio Detailing
09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi!
Any Ideas about Megs?
Thank You!!!!

In my opinion, glazes are pointless on lighter colors. At least that is what I see from my results. A light polish will do the same thing except the results are there to stay!

I use Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze and love how easy it is to work with. Glossworkz is an upgraded version that fills more.

Hi Spit Shine,

Glazes, much like Rider and I'm sure many others agree, are silly. Now, understand that comes from a lot of trial of these products on my part, which only resulted in a lot of disappointment. I have even purchased gallon sizes of Black Hole and White Diamond which are somewhat highly regarded as glaze products, and I was just left entirely (not just partially) disappointed from start to finish. Its money and time I'll never get back.

Paint correction is truly the way to go... and the bottom line, and bummer, is that depending on the size of the vehicle and the severity of the paint damage, it can take hours, and hours, or days, of multi-stage correction and perhaps even wet sanding to make a car look like a flawless reflection pool. I wonder why a company never came out with a product called "Reflection Pool!"