PDA

View Full Version : canvas top??

sammy18
05-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi everyone this is my first post.I have a 1989 lincoln town car.It has like a redish or burgundy color canvas top.The color is faded from i guess the sun as this is a florida car.My question is whats the best product out there i can buy to try and restore it.Or is their a dye product for it.Thanks

sammy

Neothin
05-20-2006, 07:44 AM
the only product i can think of is made by RaggTop (or some spelling similar to that). Autogeek has it. From reading the package it seems to be a deep cleaning product that has a protection product as a last step. that MAY help you out but i would wait to hear from others.

Surfer
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM
I was wondering about this as well. Our Lincoln has a red cloth/fabric like material for the top (guess the older ones were canvas?). It's a little faded and already have the raggtop or 303 cleaner (can't remember off hand lol). But want something I can use to bring back the color. I heard of RV stores carrying some kind of product but can't remember the name, something like REVOS??

Wonder if anybody on here knows what can be used to bring back the red color. I posted this on Autopia thinking somebody would know with all teh covertables and stuff people do, but no :rolleyes:

ScottB
05-21-2006, 07:50 AM
I dont believe either Raggtop or 303 will revive the color, you need to have it replaced or redyed. Both products are the best in protecting against any damage for future use. As a temporary fix, Nufinish use to make a product called NuVinyl but not sure its still available.

Surfer
05-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I found what I was talking about, it's called Renovo, I think you can pick the stuff up at any RV store from what I've heard. This is basically the only thing I could find that was recommended for a faded fabric top like on newer Lincoln Towncars etc. Not sure about the canvas top like in your situation?

edit - I hope this is allowed since it's teh only product I've researched that is recommended for faded tops, I've seen some other dye products and they were crap. But the main website is renovointernational.com , this is also what our dealership uses when they get a car traded in with a faded convertable top or fabric material. Hope I didn't break the rules here for that link? AG guys, maybe you should try to see if you can be a distributer for the product? A lot of people with faded tops don't know about that company, they would flock like crazy if you guys carried it.