PDA

View Full Version : Least abrasive clay

Pages : [1] 2

2012optimasx
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Recommendations? I have the mothers kit and the clay that came with that, butam needing to make a purchase of some new clay. I have a brand new car and don't really need the abrasivness.

Perfections
09-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Pinnacles ultra fine poly clay :)

rider9195
09-16-2012, 07:59 PM

+1 !!

builthatch
09-16-2012, 08:02 PM

x3. great, versatile clay that won't cause any issues.

ReflectiveAuto
09-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Get the Nanosking Autoscrub...its better then any other claybar out there. Its faster , lasts for atleast 40-50 cars (claybars wont do that), if you drop the Nanoskin Autoscrubber just wash it off and get back to work...claybar drop it...drop it away...its money wasted in my book and it cost the same as a Mothers claybar system...its a no brainer...I wont use a claybar of any make ever again...Period...end of story.

CaptJon
09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Think I will stick with the clay myself. GG has a nice mild clay.

ReflectiveAuto
09-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Think I will stick with the clay myself. GG has a nice mild clay.

Dont drop the clay...everyone does.

CaptJon
09-17-2012, 04:58 AM
I hear that but it has yet to happen to me. If and when it does I will try to find more of this elusive clay.

DaC
09-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Sonüs ultra fine detailing clay. I have a very soft paint and it won't leave it marred.
I would stay away from the rubber type clay when polishing is not in the menu.

SON1C
09-17-2012, 07:39 AM
shouldn't recommend products that autogeek does not carry
I'd recommend mothers clay, because I love it have always used it and continue to use it also I've never induced any marring with it

rider9195
09-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Dont drop the clay...everyone does.

I have never dropped my clay. I take my time with claying, but then some times the clay sticks to my hand. :laughing:

SR99
09-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I have never dropped my clay. I take my time with claying, but then some times the clay sticks to my hand. :laughing:

Yep, the clay I've used is very sticky on your "scrubbing fingers" and you literally have to peel it off. There's no way you could drop it. Maybe if you only use your finger tips you could drop it.
But you shouldn't use your finger tips, you should hang them over the egde of the clay so you have a flatter pressure

The key is don't get clay lube on the finger side of the clay, and it will adhere to your fingers very well. If you do get the clay lube on the finger side, blow or pat it dry before putting your finger on the clay.

SR99
09-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Get the Nanosking Autoscrub...its better then any other claybar out there. Its faster , lasts for atleast 40-50 cars (claybars wont do that), if you drop the Nanoskin Autoscrubber just wash it off and get back to work...claybar drop it...drop it away...its money wasted in my book and it cost the same as a Mothers claybar system...its a no brainer...I wont use a claybar of any make ever again...Period...end of story.

The nanoskin autoscrub and a clay bar work in different ways, by slightly different means. That's why the nanoskin can be sold without infringing the clay bar patents. They both achieve the same end result, so "better" is relative.

Meghan
09-17-2012, 12:37 PM

:iagree:

ReflectiveAuto
09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
The nanoskin autoscrub and a clay bar work in different ways, by slightly different means. That's why the nanoskin can be sold without infringing the clay bar patents. They both achieve the same end result, so "better" is relative.

I agree...from what I have used..Meg's and Mothers Claybars they dont work nearly as good as the Nanoskin Autoscrubber for the same price. Why pay the same price for something that is quite inferior and you get less useage out of that product like the Nanoskin Autoscubber? I have done side by side comparison tests with the Mothers Claybar and the Nanoskin Autoscrubber and the Nanoskin AC spanked the Mothers Claybar hand down. Just my .02 cents. Im not here to sell anything since I dont sell anything..just putting it out there.