PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps from a newbie

Texsox
09-16-2012, 10:45 AM
So after reading all the posts for the past month I decided to take a couple steps to improve my truck's appearance. Just a couple random thoughts . .

I tossed away my sponges and went with a microfiber wash mitt. Really guys, you can lift that mf mf out of the bucket and do more than one car a week? Damn that sucker is heavy! Two advils later I may be able to lift my arms.

What do you know, there is a difference is washes. Plus the four ounces i measured is way more than glug glug.

I tossed away my chamois, ok maybe I shouldn't have referred to microfiber as mf mf. Way easier with microfiber. I finally got it through my head that drying the glass makes final glass clean up easier.

By paying attention to what i was doing I discovered areas on the truck that I never washed before. I never cleaned by the gas cap, never paid attention to all the details like door handles and emblems.

So now I am exhausted and really wishing I didn't promise my wife to wash and wax her CRV tonight.

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk

BobbyG
09-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Reading, understanding, and applying the correct way to do things is an important step in achieving ones goal. One thing to remember is we were all there once and now work smarter rather than harder.

Detailing knowledge is cumulative so the more you practice the better your results...:props:

Texsox
09-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I think of all the thousands of dollars I paid to have this done and think . . .

It was money well spent. But it is a nice challenge and relaxing to do it myself.

SON1C
09-16-2012, 03:36 PM
glad to see you are starting to do things the right way

Texsox
09-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, i hope I will still enjoy desert travel and the inevitable pinstripping to the clear coat. I decided not to even attempt to get them out. I am not letting perfect get in the way of better.

Bill1234
09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
For some reason when you are finished waxing it reminds me of that two and a half men episode when charlie and jake have an agreement that jake will wax charlies car lol

Texsox
09-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Lol. I remembered exactly which episode. That would make a great topic, best movie or tv show wash n waxes. Bad Teacher would get my vote.