PDA

View Full Version : Most Abrassive for Random Orbital

Pages : [1] 2

kastanaras
04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Just wanting to find out what is the most abrassive product which can be used on a random orbital/da.

If Meguiars #83 DACP ain't cutting it do I have any other product without needing rotary.

nick19
04-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Just wanting to find out what is the most abrassive product which can be used on a random orbital/da.

If Meguiars #83 DACP ain't cutting it do I have any other product without needing rotary.

Meg's #84, XMT #4, OC, OHC, and many others out there...

You using Meg's pads?

ScottB
04-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Optimum Hyper Compound and most other "compounds". I remember DACP rating around a 6 on the abrasive scale. One of my past fav products, always worked well.

Excessive Detail
04-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Optimum Hyper Compound and most other "compounds". I remember DACP rating around a 6 on the abrasive scale. One of my past fav products, always worked well.

Hey killer, I know tis is off topic, but since your online and I know you have used this type of product before, is there any advantage to using ceramic clearcote polishes on normal clearcotes, or should they just be used for for ceramic clears. Thanks

nick19
04-16-2007, 07:22 PM

Mine too.. only polish I ordered by the gallon.

ScottB
04-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey killer, I know tis is off topic, but since your online and I know you have used this type of product before, is there any advantage to using ceramic clearcote polishes on normal clearcotes, or should they just be used for for ceramic clears. Thanks

I think they offer a little more bite initially, like going to a harsher polish. Menzerna polishes finish up some damn nice and bright (gloss rating), its hard to go to other polishes knowing you will need a combo to get it right. (ie. XMT 3 and 1, or SSR 2.5 and 1.0)

nick19
04-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I think they offer a little more bite initially, like going to a harsher polish. Menzerna polishes finish up some damn nice and bright (gloss rating), its hard to go to other polishes knowing you will need a combo to get it right. (ie. XMT 3 and 1, or SSR 2.5 and 1.0)

I will second that too. I really have found a love for Menzerna polishes..

ryandamartini
04-16-2007, 08:03 PM
xmt 4 to me has to be one of the best if not the best DA polisj / compound out. Not only do you get the Pinnacle name and guarantee, but you get a compound especially formulated for DA use like the rest of the XMT series.

I would highly recommend you give it a try if the opportunity arrises.

nick19
04-16-2007, 08:20 PM
xmt 4 to me has to be one of the best if not the best DA polisj / compound out. Not only do you get the Pinnacle name and guarantee, but you get a compound especially formulated for DA use like the rest of the XMT series.

I would highly recommend you give it a try if the opportunity arrises.

Very nice. I would only recommend using #4 in some of the extreme cases, as it's AG's MOST abrasive polish/compound out there..

I would much rather use #3 twice, than #4 once.

kastanaras
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
So would XMT#4 give me that little bit more extra cut compared to Megs #83.

What products would be equal to DACP #83.

nick19
04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
So would XMT#4 give me that little bit more extra cut compared to Megs #83.

What products would be equal to DACP #83.

Maybe more than a little. XMT #4 and PB's SSR3 feel like " 'liquid' sandpaper".. not a good feeling..

Ton's that are equal to #83, but I will classify those that AG sells.

PB's #2.5
XMT #3
DP's SSR (no longer available on website, although might still have some left)

kastanaras
04-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I just found that #83 is a pain to work with cos it's hard to tell when it has broken down, can sometimes be hard to remove and get alot of gunk of pad really fast.

nick19
04-16-2007, 09:20 PM
I just found that #83 is a pain to work with cos it's hard to tell when it has broken down, can sometimes be hard to remove and get alot of gunk of pad really fast.

Do you over-use the product? Your pad should look like this.. I've never had any of the problems you've come across with #83.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/P10100152.JPG

kastanaras
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I might be overusing the product, also what happens if not enough product is put onto the pad.

nick19
04-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I might be overusing the product, also what happens if not enough product is put onto the pad.

You "dry buff" which you don't want to do either. When polishing it takes trial and error to find the exact "point" in which everything clicks. Your product amount should be about the size of a dime/quarter x2.

Although Menzerna polishes finish down very nicely, and by far the best I've used, #83 is still a good product nonetheless.