PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: What pad should i be using for Menzerna?

kaboose786
09-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey everyone i am using Menzerna "SIP" to remove scratches, swirls etc and ill be using orange pad. And for polishing i am using Menzerna "Super Finish" so which pad should i use for Super finish polish? white? I have silver colour car and paint is in very good condition

Product links:
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, Menzerna PO 83 , Mernzerna PO85RD 3.02 (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-super-intensive-polish.html)
Menzerna Polish PO85RD, Mernzerna 85rd, Menzerna finish po85rd (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-final-finish-po85rd.html)
thx

RoadRageDetail
09-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I use the black pad with no problems. PO85RD has very little cutting properties, so you may still see some marring from the SIP/orange combo. With a silver car it may not be an issue, however. Just food for thought.

loudog2
09-15-2012, 08:36 PM
I would use SIP with a white first to see if it works. Then 85 with a grey/black. I don't think 85 will remove all the marring from SIP w/a orange. Do you have 106FA? That on a black will work better.

kaboose786
09-15-2012, 08:40 PM
i also have Meguiars 205 and 105 but since my paint is in great condition (not many swirls) i decided to use menzerna SIP first and it seems to work good with orange pad. however i didnt try white pad

kaboose786
09-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I use the black pad with no problems. PO85RD has very little cutting properties, so you may still see some marring from the SIP/orange combo. With a silver car it may not be an issue, however. Just food for thought.

can u please explain wht u mean i would see marring from sip/orange combo? ur saying i will make things worse?

loudog2
09-15-2012, 09:07 PM
The orange pad is coarse with cutting power. It leaves behind small swirls. Kinda like a rough sandpaper to get a scratch out of a peice of wood. The coarse paper will leave small lines in the wood. You will then need to use a fine sandpaper to get that out. Same goes with polishing paint. Rough to get it out, fine to perfect it.

kaboose786
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM
do i need to wash my car after first step (compounding) as i have quite a bit of dusting left? or just wipe it with carpro eraser and micro fiber towel?

also what if i use white pad for Menzerna "Super Finish" polish at speed 5? how many passes do i need to do for this polish also do i need to buff it till it dries or buff it right away? thx

loudog2
09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Wash after the first step no, but after all is done, I would. Work till the polish starts to clear. Usually 4 good passes at a slow pace.

Andr3wilson
09-16-2012, 08:56 PM
do i need to wash my car after first step (compounding) as i have quite a bit of dusting left? or just wipe it with carpro eraser and micro fiber towel?

also what if i use white pad for Menzerna "Super Finish" polish at speed 5? how many passes do i need to do for this polish also do i need to buff it till it dries or buff it right away? thx

Personally for me. If the car isn't that bad for swirls n scratches. Use the white pad at 4.5-5 setting with SIP. If the car is really bad bump up to the orange pad on the same settings. You really won't need too many passes. Maybe between 4-6 depending on the clear. Then I'd finish with SF on a grey/black/blue pad on speed 4. About 5-6 slow passes. SIP cuts out the swirls and SF will bring it to a high gloss. I'm assuming you're using a PC 7424xp

kaboose786
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Personally for me. If the car isn't that bad for swirls n scratches. Use the white pad at 4.5-5 setting with SIP. If the car is really bad bump up to the orange pad on the same settings. You really won't need too many passes. Maybe between 4-6 depending on the clear. Then I'd finish with SF on a grey/black/blue pad on speed 4. About 5-6 slow passes. SIP cuts out the swirls and SF will bring it to a high gloss. I'm assuming you're using a PC 7424xp

thx for ur reply. iam using GG. Also do i buff it right away or wait for it to dry?

loudog2
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Right away