PDA

View Full Version : Would you opticoat if you were me?

hollerstiltner
09-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Well folks, my free time is now all gone with the birth of my daughter. My truck hasn't seen much more than a touch less wash in about 2.5 months. Blasphemy, I know. However, I think my time away from truck care is well spent.

So here's the question. Should I opticoat it or try to find more time to keep up with the regular washes and waxes? I have 845 on it now, I realize even it is living a hard life under these conditions. If I do apply OC, I'd also feel like my wax collection would be wasted. Also, I just bought a GG polisher which would not get a lot of use after the OC. Any uses for a da after applying OC?

Any suggestions? Also, if it helps, truck is outside 24/7 and driven 300ish miles a week as my DD.

SuperGlide
09-15-2012, 01:54 PM
You can still wax on top of OC and light polish
Once or twice a year still.

snowking724
09-15-2012, 01:54 PM
I say, do it. You can still wax, it just won't last very long. So you can wax more but without the paint cleaners and claying. I coated both my vehicles 3 months ago and it's great, washes are so easy and it looks super all the time.

2old2change
09-15-2012, 02:01 PM
You family comes first especially since there is a additional member now , congrats. Children grow up so quick are gone before you know it. Put some Opt-Coat or even one of the newer coatings on the market. Spend what little spare time you have with interior ,wheels and regular washes. You da and waxes aren't going to wear out and will come in handy later down the road. Now if it really bothers you to see the GG polisher just sitting there, feel free to send it my way to add to my collection. lol.

DaveT435
09-15-2012, 02:23 PM
You family comes first especially since there is a additional member now , congrats. Children grow up so quick are gone before you know it. Put some Opt-Coat or even one of the newer coatings on the market. Spend what little spare time you have with interior ,wheels and regular washes. You da and waxes aren't going to wear out and will come in handy later down the road. Now if it really bothers you to see the GG polisher just sitting there, feel free to send it my way to add to my collection. lol.

Agree with this 100%. I missed my oldest growing up because I was working all the time. It's valuable time you can never get back.

arack
09-15-2012, 02:25 PM
You should definitely do it. I did both my cars and It has been great. You can still do the occasional wax, but you will have much better protection and easy maintainence.

hollerstiltner
09-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Thank for all the advice guys. I was thinking it would be the best option for me. You all just confirmed what I was thinking. Looks like the Tacoma will be getting some OC before winter sets in.

Snowking, how much did it take you to coat the truck in your sig? I know the syring has enough, but I'm amazed to think it can be done.

snowking724
09-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I've done all the paint on the F150 and my fiances Fusion+windshield and have about 5cc's left. I was a little upset when I finished since a bought 2 tubes.

hollerstiltner
09-16-2012, 08:06 PM
I've done all the paint on the F150 and my fiances Fusion+windshield and have about 5cc's left. I was a little upset when I finished since a bought 2 tubes.

Wow, I knew a little went a long way, but that's amazing.

Looks like I'll be ordering OC and ironx soon. May toss some aquapel or gtechniq g1 in there too.