PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Trix

swanicyouth
09-15-2012, 10:39 AM
I just ordered some Trix. I never used IronX. I wondering how dangerous this stuff is to plastic trim, emblems, etc. Is it super critical not to get this stuff on any plastic? Also, will Trix de-ironize as good as Iron X?

Mainly I plan on using it on wheels, as I don't think there is any iron in my paint. Both cars have been recently clayed and polished.

Any tips or help appreciated. Thanks!

kronos
09-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I have an '01 540i with plastic trim, emblems, etc. I used IX and TX separately; they did not stain any part of my car. I didn't use a test spot, (silly me), but I made sure neither chemical dried on the car. If you're worried, you could dress the plastics with UTTG before to protect it. I know TX would probably strip it, but UTTG should be durable enough to withstand a single application of TX and IX.

CEE DOG
09-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey bud, Do not get trix on clear bras or sensitive clear plastics. If you get it on headlights for long you may have to lightly polish them. It's an extremely effective cleaner and will remove iron very well. Remember to shake the bottle often.

I hope that helps,
Corey