PDA

View Full Version : Getting racked over the coals on AG shipping costs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DJBAILEY
09-15-2012, 07:02 AM
[I just placed the following order tonight. It is being shipped from Autogeek in Florida to Raleigh, NC and the shipping came to $21.99!!!!!!

COME ON AUTOGEEK!! How much could that package possibly weigh? 1-2 lbs at the most including the box and shipping peanuts. 2 tiny bottles and 6 pads and you're telling me that it costs you $21.99 to ship that. What are you making on the shipping charges, like $15.

qty 2 Hi-Gloss Red 5.5 Inch Flat Final Finishing Pad
qty 2 Cyclo Premium Orange Foam Pad 2 pack
qty 1 GTechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer 30 ml.
Sample 1 : Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover WG-8602-S

It is got to the point where I am not going to order anything more from AG unless there is a special going on that includes a deal on the shipping.

That is ridiculous!!

mjlinane
09-15-2012, 07:10 AM
If you think the shipping is too high, get the order to $95 and use the free shipping code or wait for a free shipping block. I've place 50+ orders and NEVER paid for shipping.

master detailer
09-15-2012, 07:13 AM
You new what it was going to be before you payed didnt you ? next time tell them to ship u s postal for a flat rate.last time my order came in a real big box at 13.00 to ship 6 pads.they where no good and they had to send me new ones.

the box they sent me that they had to pay for was 1/2 the size and was 5.00 to ship it. no more ups for me flat rate only thats it.

DJBAILEY
09-15-2012, 07:16 AM
It was over $100. I need some C4 for the next weekends detail so could not wait for a sale. I used the Autopia 10% discount but that doesn't not discount the shipping. What is the AG free shipping code?

Eandras
09-15-2012, 07:17 AM
I agree. AG shipping cost is extremely exspensive. You could use US Priority shipping for 1/3 rd the cost. They will deliver up to 70lbs. Just ordered a part shipped from California it was 14.95. Weight was 40lbs.

I just ordered a Flex 3401 with backing plate $32.00. I had to cut down my order of additional pads because of the shipping cost. AG you need to do something about shipping.

DJBAILEY
09-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Of course I knew what the shipping was before ordering. I needed the C4 and AG is the only option besides Pakshak (which would be worse coming from Hawaii) so I had to do it. That doesn't mean I can't be upset about excessive shipping costs. That was the cheapest shipping option to choose from when checking out the order. Did you call them to get the flat rate option?

silverfox
09-15-2012, 07:29 AM
I no longer buy products from AG unless there is a shipping special and no... I don't fall for the free shipping over $95 gimmick from AG or anybody else that uses that sort of marketing. I can get stuff cheaper from CG shipped 3000 miles to my house than places even in my own state. I'm buying more and more megs and duragloss products sold OTC locally.

MinnBobber
09-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Agree,
their shipping costs are extremely high. I really wish they'd adjust their shipping charges.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if there is a sale, like 10% off, there is no way to get 10% off
AND free shipping correct??? They make you use a code for 10% off and only one code
per order so no VIP free shipping code, correct??

I bought a wheel/tire and the shipping was under $25 for a 50 lb big item. My AG orders\are usually a small 2-3-4 lb package and shipping is more than $25.

SON1C
09-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Shipping prices are high across the board, it's not as if ag is out to make extra money off of shipping.

Matt
09-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Just be glad you're not an international customer.... that $20 would seem like chump change for shipping if you ordered internationally.

van185
09-15-2012, 08:24 AM
I place my orders for over $95 and use the free shipping code too. By the time that I usually add the shipping cost most orders that I place are usually close to that amount or more anyway.

swanicyouth
09-15-2012, 08:33 AM
I buy from AG because it's the only place that's stocks almost everything I need. Other places just don't have the selection. The customer service is great, so no problems there. Occasionally some other place will have something AG doesn't carry, so I will order elsewhere.

But I really don't understand complaining about shipping. Spend $95 and it's free. That's pretty rare. I think the real issue is people get pissed because the sales can't be used along with free shipping. They have 10-15% off sales, then the amount saved is less than the shipping would be, making the sale useless unless you spend over $250.00 or so.

Really, all you need to do is vote with your dollars. If shipping is to expensive and stuff in cheaper elsewhere, just but it there. Problem solved. However, AG has a massive inventory, and inventory on the shelves cost money. They have to make it up somehow.

tuscarora dave
09-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Shipping prices are high across the board, it's not as if ag is out to make extra money off of shipping.
I agree. I just paid $48 shipping on a 24lb. package coming from Kentucky to PA. OUCH!!! I needed the stuff so I had to pay it. It surely goes along with the national economy and fuel charges.

scrubs147
09-15-2012, 09:03 AM
If you're a business owner using AG's products than the key is to plan ahead for your inventory. On the other hand, if you're a small business (Mobile operation like myself), than having too much inventory is not difficult, in which case you simply purchase smaller product as needed. When buying product needed immediately for a job that comes up suddenly, than you have to look locally.

It's hard when the product needed is something like Opti-Coat for a customer who wants it done yesterday and the only place to get this stuff is through the internet. That's when you're hit with high shipping costs.

Walmart has jumped up their automotive isle, but when you need something like Meg's 105, it's not available, even the local automotive stores don't have much as far as quality product. AG is about 3 hours away from my home so if I order in the morning, it will arrive via ups the very next day. On the other hand, with AG only a few hours away from my home, I would think that shipping costs would be a lot lower than what they are, but they are not.

I know if you order from another source, the shipping costs are lower, yet the item cost is higher. It's all a numbers game in the retail business... some retailers make up for it in the shipping (which isn't right in my opinion), while others make it up in the mark up of the product itself. AG's product prices are competitive, so when you place an order for over $95 using your member code than over all, that's a pretty nifty deal. Over all. AG is one of those companies that exercises out standing customer service, a rarity these days.

RMM
09-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Just be glad you're not an international customer.... that $20 would seem like chump change for shipping if you ordered internationally.

Exactly! I just paid several hundred dollars (shipping only). But it is fair to say that AG got me a deal cheaper than if I had done it myself.

I buy from AG because it's the only place that's stocks almost everything I need. Other places just don't have the selection. The customer service is great, so no problems there. Occasionally some other place will have something AG doesn't carry, so I will order elsewhere.

But I really don't understand complaining about shipping. Spend $95 and it's free. That's pretty rare. I think the real issue is people get pissed because the sales can't be used along with free shipping. They have 10-15% off sales, then the amount saved is less than the shipping would be, making the sale useless unless you spend over $250.00 or so.

Really, all you need to do is vote with your dollars. If shipping is to expensive and stuff in cheaper elsewhere, just but it there. Problem solved. However, AG has a massive inventory, and inventory on the shelves cost money. They have to make it up somehow.

The fact that AG is almost a one-stop shop is priceless. If I had something like that in Europe...I would be broke!

AG sales are good for international customers: we never have free shipping so we get the rebate - you guys are the ones who have to choose (free shipping or rebate)!