PDA

View Full Version : First time applying Opti-Coat 2.0

RoadRageDetail
09-14-2012, 11:51 PM
FINALLY popped the cherry today.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/natesdc291/feelsgoodman.jpg

Went better than expected. After reading some of the horror stories lately I thought I would have a harder time, but this is one of the friendliest products I've used.

Thanks to a couple videos by Chris@Optimum showing some technique, it was a breeze. Speaking of which, I had to change up my strategy midway. Storm was rolling in during application and once I got comfortable with how the process was going, the humidity went through the roof and the temperature dropped about 15 degrees that resulted in a much faster flash time.

Thinking that I had missed a spot once I was wrapping it up, I was looking over the hood when a little drop came out of the applicator - and BOUNCED halfway down the hood. I sat in a stupor for about 30 seconds wondering what kind of sorcery I was holding in my hands.

Overall I am happier than a pig in sh*t and can't wait to put it to use again!

Thanks to everyone at Autogeek for the fantastic resource available to the new guy, and in-depth insight for us professionals looking to offer their customers state-of-the-art services!

As soon as I have some pics uploaded I'll be sure to share them in the Show-n-shine forum!

Chris Thomas
09-15-2012, 12:17 AM
I love to help with the bad reports, but I love to hear the good reports more. Pat yourself on the back for me.