PDA

View Full Version : Removing OC 2.0

Pages : [1] 2

luv a shine
09-14-2012, 08:13 PM
How do you remove OC 2.0 ???
I have all the menz product and every pad you can think of😜.

snowking724
09-14-2012, 08:28 PM
I would pick a panel, maybe a door to start. Polish with Super Finish, clean with Griots Paint Prep while washing and check for any signs of the OC2<beading or sheating. If that works do the whole vehicle, if not try Power Finish or something more aggressive and go from there.

Rsurfer
09-14-2012, 09:02 PM
How do you remove OC 2.0 ???
I have all the menz product and every pad you can think of��.
Why would you want to remove it?

luv a shine
09-15-2012, 05:12 AM
I got a the bad batch . It streaked and fogged all over the car.

snowking724
09-15-2012, 07:36 AM
I would also try a full wash before any polishing. Maybe the oils and haze will wash away and you'll find the OC is there. I think it's worth a shot rather than re-polishing the entire vehicle.

Chris Thomas
09-15-2012, 09:40 AM
This is not, has never been a bad batch. We had a few faulty syringes a while back, but that issue was the syringe itself and not the product inside i used two tubes from that batch with those syringes with no issues.

The issues you mentioned in your first thread have been seen before and I explained how your application technique should be modified in that thread. I also explained that you don't need to remove it because a light polish will remove the haze and still leave protection if you stop polishing when it clears up.

Hazing only happens for two reasons:

1. Excess product is allowed to dry
2. Excessive wiping with pressure after flashing occurs

Your first post also mentioned that it went on oily and wouldn't flash, which indicates something on the surface not allowing the coating to bond with the paint. I have a couple of videos and multiple threads here where I talk members thru application with more commentary than the provided instructions...what to watch for, when to wipe, how to fix, etc. just search my posts. I'd hate for you to give up on a great product before you even got to enjoy it, and I also don't want you to chaulk it up to a bad product and have the same thing happen again later. So, take a look at my videos and other posts and jump back in there!

SuperGlide
09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I got a the bad batch . It streaked and fogged all over the car.

I've applied this product many times and ran my own testing on different scenarios. First There is no such thing as a bad batch. Just to test I have even wiped with moderate to heavy pressure while flashing and still had a hard time trying to make it haze.

I always use IPA wipe down, it seems like when people use different final wipe down products is when the finish comes out bad.

There is a little drag when using IPA wipe down mix but nothing to be concerned about.

A lot are using body shop wipe down products, mineral spirits, etc. Just use what is recommended and you'll be fine.

I usually wipe down with IPA twice just to be sure, then apply opti-coat thin watch flash and what doesn't flash gently wipe with a micro fiber.

Use IPA to wipe down don't experiment with the wipe down process it's probably the
most important step.

SuperGlide
09-15-2012, 10:13 AM
After testing I used 2000 grit leveler compound with rotary to remove, but this goes with my style of polishing it may not work for everyone.

Some may use a medium polish, it all depends on your skill
level and experience with using a rotary.

luv a shine
09-15-2012, 01:20 PM
It beads like it should in two places .

luv a shine
09-15-2012, 01:36 PM
I am going to remove the coating and put 845. I will visit Gary dean in Tampa to learn how to install the product properly.

snowking724
09-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Did you wash? What was done?

luv a shine
09-15-2012, 03:56 PM
i washed the truck today and the beading seems to be better . i am going to wait about a week.
what dose OC beading look like??

luv a shine
09-16-2012, 03:07 PM
i am going give the truck a light polish with Menz 4000 and a MF polishing pad and then reappy the OC . :buffing::dblthumb2:

luv a shine
09-16-2012, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtP8e3VyYSE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chris Thomas
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Garry will be an excellent instructor. He uses Opti Guard which is a little harder to use so if you can use it OC 2.0 is a breeze.