PDA

View Full Version : condoms melted on paint??

Pages : [1] 2

redman
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey everyone.. new member.. Glad to be here.. I am in south florida and run a single trailer.. I have a car to check out tomorrow for a friend.. second gen rx-7.. Not sure the condition of the paint.,. But anyways some kids decided to throw condoms on the car and they have been there for a little while.. The car isnt driven much.. But I have to go check it out tomorrow.. Whats the safest way to remove the latex and how would i go about repairing the paint.. I know if it totally destroyed the clear its done.. but just looking for suggestions.. Google couldnt help.. Thanks in advance

tuscarora dave
09-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Make sure to wear gloves whatever you do...

Take a towel soaked with mineral spirits and sit it on the latex for a minute (assuming you're working in the shade) and then try wiping it into the towel then trash the towel and clay as normal. Never removed condoms from paint before but this is what makes sense to try in my experience with removing gooey sticky stuff from paint. :bolt:

Flash Gordon
09-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone.. new member.. Glad to be here.. I am in south florida and run a single trailer.. I have a car to check out tomorrow for a friend.. second gen rx-7.. Not sure the condition of the paint.,. But anyways some kids decided to throw condoms on the car and they have been there for a little while.. The car isnt driven much.. But I have to go check it out tomorrow.. Whats the safest way to remove the latex and how would i go about repairing the paint.. I know if it totally destroyed the clear its done.. but just looking for suggestions.. Google couldnt help.. Thanks in advance

3M Adhesive Remover

Rsurfer
09-14-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm not touching this one.

dsigmon
09-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Bet that car has a sexy paint job!

BTW, were those things used?
Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Texsox
09-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Subscribed lol I have to know how this ends . . .

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk

BiggenF15
09-14-2012, 10:01 PM
BTW, were those things used?

Not only used, but used aggressively!

He did say they were melted...Im the MAN

Becciasm
09-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Good luck. Stupid kids doing stupid stuff to an awesome car....

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

dsigmon
09-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Must have been some dual action polishing on that hood!

LSUFAN
09-14-2012, 10:33 PM
If the mineral spirits dont work try a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the latex then remove then polish paint

ReflectiveAuto
09-14-2012, 11:33 PM
talk about compounding the paint. Dont have to worry about sealant on it now.

RoadRageDetail
09-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Guess you could say...

This car...

<puts glasses on>
Burnt some rubber

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

redman
09-15-2012, 03:26 AM
yall are awesome.. i just laughed my ass off.. Ill let ya know what happens later today..

Eandras
09-15-2012, 07:53 AM
If the mineral spirits dont work try a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the latex then remove then polish paint

Be careful if using a heat gun. It is real easy to damage clear and paint. I would try a hair dryer as that will not hurt the clear or paint but will make latex pliabl.

van185
09-15-2012, 08:34 AM
I wouls probably try and spray it with bug and tar remover and see what happens. LEt is soak for a few minutes. Yea the wear glove part is for sure. That is only a guess. How many condoms? Or does it really matter the number.