PDA

View Full Version : Soap in a Foam Gun

kevin39208
09-14-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm sure I've read this before, but I can't seem to find it now. I just purchased a foam gun and have been debating on the soap to use and how to use it. I have Meguiar's Gold Class soap, but was thinking of getting Meguiar's D111 Shampoo. How much soap do I put in the quart container of the foam gun? Feed back please

bsirbu
09-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Meg's gold class foams up real nice. That's what I was using before switching to CG honeydew. I diluted Meg's at 4 oz per quart IIRC.

dcjredline
09-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Ooooo, good to hear that, I have a ton left and was hoping it did at least as good as the free sample of the DP extreeme suds I got with the gun.

Rsurfer
09-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Ooooo, good to hear that, I have a ton left and was hoping it did at least as good as the free sample of the DP extreeme suds I got with the gun.
You will be back to DP Extreme Foam Formula.

dcjredline
09-14-2012, 10:07 PM
You will be back to DP Extreme Foam Formula.

That will suit me just fine too! LOL. If it is what works best, when I have to buy something I will go with what works best for me. Thanks for the input.:xyxthumbs:

ScottB
09-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Fill canister with water first, then add soap, otherwise you'll never get the right ratio as the foam takes over !!

Poorboys, Griots, Optimum, and Duragloss also work well in foam gun.

RoadRageDetail
09-14-2012, 11:27 PM
DP Extreme Foam FTW. Haven't tried anything else. Don't really care to. Just got a fresh bottle of it in today.

GoldBl4d3
09-15-2012, 01:13 AM
DP Extreme Foam FTW. Haven't tried anything else. Don't really care to. Just got a fresh bottle of it in today.

I agree DP extreme foam, foams a LOT and is a high qaulity product. it is designed to foam.

Also if your looking for value, the only other one I would ever use is Meguiars Hyper Wash. You can use it for foam and a normal wash. It foams a lot to.

Dont buy that cheap CG stuff. It leaves heavy residue on the surface and is low qaulity.

PA DETAILER
09-15-2012, 03:31 AM
i have tried many.

dp xtreem foam

cg honey dew foam

cg maxi suds 2

dodo born to be mild

dp is at the top. once that is done, i have a gal of megs hyper wash. (heard good things about this one)

dcjredline
09-15-2012, 08:17 AM
And I must say the DP has a faint but still plesant smell of mint to it. Lotsa others have a much heavier smell to them which leads me to believe that they put too much "filler" in their products.

swanicyouth
09-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Chemical Guys soaps are the best IMHO. Tried DP, it was OK. CG are better and cheaper.

rmagnus
09-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Dissn CG is bound to cause some comments. I like their shampoo in a foam canon. Seems to work very well.