PDA

View Full Version : water based products shelf life

wangotango
09-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Was going to proportion out some Megs HD (1:1, 2:1, etc) in some spray bottles to have at the ready. Curious about a bottle of 4:1 for instance, will it be ok for a few months like that or maybe just ratio out as I need it.

Basically a shelf-life question for water-based products.

thanks

SON1C
09-14-2012, 01:19 PM
You're over thinking this, just use as needed shelf life wouldn't change much, if your products are expiring you have too many products or don't detail enough!

TrKent
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
If you're using distilled water to dilute, I don't think you should have a problem.

jrs1418
09-15-2012, 04:19 AM
in my experience with Megs HD, it dries up kinda quick in the bottle, concentrate form. At the end i had to add water and shake the crap out of it and there was still clumps dried up everywhere inside. Time frame feom open/used up was about 1.5mos and my climate is 75+ deg mostly all year round.

I would just leave it concentrated, but be sure to shake it up every once and a while.

wangotango
09-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Yep, over thinking it.
Good one. Tks!

faulksy
09-17-2012, 03:52 AM
in my experience with Megs HD, it dries up kinda quick in the bottle, concentrate form. At the end i had to add water and shake the crap out of it and there was still clumps dried up everywhere inside. Time frame feom open/used up was about 1.5mos and my climate is 75+ deg mostly all year round.

I would just leave it concentrated, but be sure to shake it up every once and a while.

I would agree with this. My concentrated HD does the same. Nothing too drastic but have zero issues with my pre-mixed bottles.