PDA

View Full Version : Hard water

beeline66
09-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi guys,
I am having a problem with dried hard water spots on my windshields. I actually had my first complaint about my work this last week and before the customer said anything I knew it was the windshield. I'm using Chemical Guys window wash diluted and not diluted. The amount of muscle I use on working these spots is ridiculous especially on boats. I use a quick detail-er spray to get the water spots on the paint. This works great and with great ease.
I would appreciate any input on products and techniques you use to help me out. I'm off to work now and won't answer till I get home later.
Thanks< JoeFeed back please

Mike Phillips
09-14-2012, 07:27 AM
You need more than a "spray-on" glass cleaner, you need to hand or machine polish the glass with something that has some cut.

Get a dedicated glass polish, the ones we carry I've used and they all work really well...

Diamondite Glasswork Restorer
Ceriglass
Griot's Garage Glass Polish
Mothers Water Spot Remover
Glass Science Glass Scrub Auto Glass Stripper

All can be found here,

Glass Care (http://www.autogeek.net/glasscare.html)

:xyxthumbs:

lee1dew
09-14-2012, 01:29 PM
If the water spots aren't etched in, you may want to try claying the windshield.

beeline66
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks Mike, I used the mothers hard water remover yesterday for the first time and had outstanding results. I always appreciate the help and advice you and your forum subscribers give. My year old business certainly isn't thriving just yet, but with a new election hopefully will come a renewed economy. Thanks again "big Joe"
PS, lee1dew, I ordered the griots window clay last night.