PDA

View Full Version : Waiting times two

scooterguitar
05-19-2006, 10:02 PM
First, I am waiting impatiently for the sealer to cure (I guess), then tomorrow I can put on the Nat Blue.
My second waiting is...Is there any benefit to wait longer than the haze before taking off the Natty Blues Wax? Or am I confusing polishes and waxes and glazes and...

BlackCoupe
05-19-2006, 10:20 PM
First, I am waiting impatiently for the sealer to cure (I guess), then tomorrow I can put on the Nat Blue.
My second waiting is...Is there any benefit to wait longer than the haze before taking off the Natty Blues Wax? Or am I confusing polishes and waxes and glazes and...

I don't know but that is some guitar collection. I got a few.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1446/pics013small2el.jpg (http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=)

FloridaNative
05-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah it is! Nice man! I have 3 guitars, but two of them are beaters I have one thats nice. :)

scooterguitar
05-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey thanks, and yes, there's more to the madness. Nah, I actually used to own a guitar store in the 90's, but after 7 years sold out, went to college and became a Special Ed. teacher. I still wheel and deal on cool gear all the time though. Hmmm, never thought wonder what polishes to use on guitars!
Coupe, sweet LP man. That a Custom premium or plus, great figured top.

Neothin
05-20-2006, 07:40 AM
so anyways, about that curing time...

there isn't any benefit to letting a carnauba sit on the paint longer than it needs to haze over. for instance, some carnauba's (like souveran) want you to remove them before they even haze. sealants need the curing, not carnauba's :D

scooterguitar
05-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Gota ya, gonan go start...NOW!

Mike T
05-20-2006, 08:29 AM
No greater benefit. When it passes the finger test its ready.

scooterguitar
05-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Finger tes? When it wipes of dusty/chaulky? This Natty's goes on super thin, almost like ther eisn't even any going on until I look closely.

ScottB
05-21-2006, 07:57 AM
If you wipe with a finger and it comes off completely without leaving any reminents then you are clearly ready to remove. Just remember if you ever move up to Pinnacle Waxes, they come off while damp.

scooterguitar
05-21-2006, 08:42 AM
"Just remember if you ever move up to Pinnacle Waxes, they come off while damp."
I think they should make a 1/2 oz sample size to sell, maybe I could try it then!

ScottB
05-21-2006, 12:40 PM
"Just remember if you ever move up to Pinnacle Waxes, they come off while damp."
I think they should make a 1/2 oz sample size to sell, maybe I could try it then!

better yet find a neighbor or friend, and coax them into sharing :applause: