PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio: Must See's, Do's, etc..

richy
09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
My wife has a conference in San Antonio in a few weeks and it looks like I'll be joining her there. For those of you from the area, or who have visited it, what are the things you must see or do while there. We will be there only 3 days in early October.

Texsox
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
The Alamo, Riverwalk, Spurs game, Museum of Texas Cultures, a drive through Hill Country towards Bandera (cowboy capital of the world) or Vanderpool. Buy a George Strait or Pat Green cd for atmosphere.

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk

richy
09-13-2012, 10:16 PM
The Alamo, Riverwalk, Spurs game, Museum of Texas Cultures, a drive through Hill Country towards Bandera (cowboy capital of the world) or Vanderpool. Buy a George Strait or Pat Green cd for atmosphere.

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk
Cool; thanks. I just started reading up on Riverwalk. What is a good Mexican restaurant you can recommend there?

NYYYCEandEEEEZY
09-13-2012, 10:39 PM
We spent a week in SA during the winter of '05-'06 during a 6 month trip across the south with our RV and the Harleys. I would second the suggestion for both the Riverwalk and the Alamo. Also visited Natural Bridge Caverns, San Antonio's Missions, and went to a stock show & rodeo. Be safe and have a nice time.

Perfections
09-13-2012, 11:42 PM
If you dont mind a little drive away from down town, the best drinks, mexican food, and atmosphere can be found off 1604 and Red land road. La Hacienda is the spot! From downtown take 281 north, exit 1604, and make a right, you'll see an HEB grocery store on your right. Once you've made a right just stay on the access road, you'll come to a red light, pass that up and go to the next light about a mile down the road and make a left, this will be redland rd. Once you've made a left its about 2 miles down the road on your left hand side. Live music, outdoors under the trees, great food and service and killer margaritas!