PDA

View Full Version : car washing question

kevinl34
09-13-2012, 09:56 PM
ok I bought a truck from a guy inwhich it has some like tree sapp like stuff on the roof of the truck. The guy told me it was a coke (soda) that had been wasted. I tried today to wash it off with some of my wolfgang detailing products and nothing this stuff is like glue. My question is what could I use to get this stuff off without damaging the paint thanks newbie.....

mwoolfso
09-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Plastic razor blade (AGO used to sell them), Goo Gone, Mineral Spirits, Tarminator, basically anything that can remove tree sap would probably work.

kevinl34
09-13-2012, 10:19 PM
thanks

rmagnus
09-14-2012, 01:05 AM
If you have access to a steamer it will help soften or remove the contaminant.

AutowerxDetailing
09-14-2012, 01:07 AM
If you have access to a steamer it will help soften or remove the contaminant.

:iagree:

ReflectiveAuto
09-14-2012, 01:24 AM
ok I bought a truck from a guy inwhich it has some like tree sapp like stuff on the roof of the truck. The guy told me it was a coke (soda) that had been wasted. I tried today to wash it off with some of my wolfgang detailing products and nothing this stuff is like glue. My question is what could I use to get this stuff off without damaging the paint thanks newbie.....

I strongly recommend the 3M Abrasive Remover (Red and White Tall can). I got it today and it took off sap off a Acura RDX and the Sap was on that car for like 4 months and came off with ease and did not hurt the paint. I will keep that in stock now.

statusdetailing
09-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Definitely a plastic razor blade like somebody else mentioned. If regular bug and tar remover won't do it, try enamel reducer. It will definitely remove the sap. Sometimes it will very slightly dull the finish and you will need to lightly polish the spot. I use enamel reducer to remove the adhesive after I remove trim or decals from a customers vehicle. Works very quickly.

ReflectiveAuto
09-14-2012, 01:56 AM
I sprayed...1 minute later...wiped it all off...thats all.

jjj
09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
goo gone. dont let sit to long. re apply if it is not gone. re apply wax/sealant when done.

Infinitiman
09-14-2012, 05:51 PM
I strongly recommend the 3M Abrasive Remover (Red and White Tall can). I got it today and it took off sap off a Acura RDX and the Sap was on that car for like 4 months and came off with ease and did not hurt the paint. I will keep that in stock now.

If you meant to say " 3M adhesive remover" I totally agree, I used it to remove the adhesive left from the clear car bra that I removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sharpcard
09-14-2012, 09:48 PM
I would try clay first and go from there. My sisters car was covered in tree sap, I tried several different cleaners and the clay bar worked wonders.

storm100
09-14-2012, 09:53 PM
If you meant to say " 3M adhesive remover" I totally agree, I used it to remove the adhesive left from the clear car bra that I removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:iagree: Have you tried clay first?