PDA

View Full Version : OptiCoat is on, I'm bored

RandyD
09-13-2012, 06:32 PM
It's been on for about 3 months and it is holding up well (Beading all around). What can I put on top of it to get a little more shine or depth? I wash it with ONR. Anyone try Opti-clean, OCW or Optimum instant detailer on top of OC? Any other suggestions?

swanicyouth
09-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Try Prima Hydro or OCW

snowking724
09-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Carpro Reload works real well

TS656577
09-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Carpro Reload works real well

Quoted for truth. I use it on my car (OC2) and I won't use anything else on it now. It's fantastic and lasts a few months. But it does suck not being able to apply waxes to the car since they don't bond that well.

builthatch
09-14-2012, 12:44 AM
after you dry each panel, just spray OCW as you are finishing up drying each panel and it'll give you some satisfaction for a while...which, is pretty hard to quantify given the amount of variables (weather, driving, garaged or not, etc.). it will be slick for a while regardless.

when i say "finishing up", it's pretty self explanatory for an ONR wash, but for a traditional wash, i mean when most of the water is gone on that panel. my particular process is to dry it with the awesome mothers towel, and then quickly hit up the vehicle with OCW and buff with a guzzler, this way you'll get any additional water that might remain but will still have a towel good enough to buff the OCW.

i've also (briefly) thought about the suggestion of polishing the car lightly after it has cured to give the opti-coat some microscopic texture, which theoretically will help your OCW bond better and last longer...but i don't care enough to worry about that.

if you wash more often than the average enthusiast, your idea of using optimum instant detailer is great. i've done that as well and it works great. after you do your ONR wash, just spray each panel with 4:1 and dry, panel by panel. it'll be nice and slick and REALLY look awesome but of course it'll be very sensitive to the environment the car sees.

and maybe get another hobby or start working out if you are that bored, haha.

dcjredline
09-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Gosh these acronyms are so hard to remember. What is OCW?

blingbling
09-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Optimum Car Wax. It's an easy to use spray-on hybrid sealant/wax.

Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)

BobbyG
09-14-2012, 08:46 AM

This is the idea behind them
They're part of a secret society
They have different definitions depending on the topic
They generate additional replies increasing post count

:D :D :D

Waxmax
09-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Out of boredom,I top OC with carnauba paste waxes. I figure if OCW is okay why not other carnuaba based products...not looking for durability.