PDA

View Full Version : Autozone microfiber?

jta06SS
09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Hey guys. Bought a pack of 12 autozone microfiber cloths. My question is, are they safe compared to the more expensive ones? I did all my research prior to purchasing. 80/20 blend, deep fibers, no rough edges etc. Wash seperately with scentless detergent and dry on low heat etc. My question is though, should I worry about scratches? I have been eyeing the Griots Microfiber towels but I just don't know if theyre worth it. Just recently, when the sun hit my car just right I saw some hairline swirls. I have not seen them before but then again I'm not fulling blaming the towels either. I did the CD scratch test and I always make sure there is no grit before each swipe but I was just curious what you guys thoughts were on cheaper vs expensive towels. The car is new so for all I know they could have been there before and I just never saw them. If this is the case, I don't want to dump all the money I spent on these towels to go and blow more. What do you guys think?

VISITOR
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
use them and monitor if they llint/scratch the paint (or anything for that matter) and how they feel after repeated washings. if there isn't any negative effects, keep using them...

bl3ujay07
09-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I use them to clean the engine bay, rims, tires, door jams and for cleaning and dressing the interior. They do not touch the paint tho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

NewNickel
09-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Use them every day on everything. Due to their size they usually ride the Glassmaster and handle odd jobs. Just snagged a pack of larger ones from a local big box also.

CheckeredFlag
09-13-2012, 06:24 PM
same here

I tried a cheap 3 pack (Peak) from a local retailer

Use them like bl3ujay07 mentioned, but have some nice Cobra Deluxe Jr's for the paint

World of difference

swanicyouth
09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Are they the brown, blue, and white set from AZ? If so they are junk. I have some Griots and they lint a lot. Will not buy again. Do yourself a favor and get some nice towels from AG or Microfiber tech. Once you use quality towels, you'll never look back.

mswerb
09-13-2012, 06:58 PM
I found the Orange and Gray Vroom brand at Target worked the best for me, unfortunatley they do not carry them any more. Use whatever works best for you.

jjj
09-13-2012, 07:15 PM
I have the multi color pack from Advanced Auto and they work good for spray detailing, Use griots waffle for drying and gold plush jr for wax removal and spray detailer with high gloss. The AA seem fine no scratching. I wash them with other MF with free and clear detergant and no fabric softner so they last and stay plush.