PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Extractor

BrothersElite
09-13-2012, 01:06 PM
For what ever reason, carpet cleaning in our area seems to be what people are looking for (it's Minnesota, go figure). So, we are going to move to a more "industrial" carpet extractor. We currently use an upright hoover (with extractor attachment) because it has always worked just fine. However, we did a complete interior detail last night and when you need to do the entire floor in a van.. The small extractor we had takes way too long.

Mostly we are looking at the MyTee Lite II because of the price and seemingly good reputation. I also saw a MyTee HP60 Spider on Craigslist with a few extras for ~$1k.

Anyone have any experience on extractors (not the bissel one either)? I see a few posts around here about the MyTee and a few other brands..

bsirbu
09-13-2012, 02:01 PM
The MyTee lite 2 is an excellent tool, especially when used with an effective carpet cleaner like folex and a proper agitator (I use the PC with various carpet brush attachments). These tools have given me incredible results with minimal effort on my part.

IMO it is invaluable if you do this for a living.

BrothersElite
09-13-2012, 05:05 PM
The MyTee lite 2 is an excellent tool, especially when used with an effective carpet cleaner like folex and a proper agitator (I use the PC with various carpet brush attachments). These tools have given me incredible results with minimal effort on my part.

IMO it is invaluable if you do this for a living.

You think it does any better than a standard consumer extractor? Perhaps like the bissel lots of members use on here.

ScubaCougr
09-13-2012, 07:43 PM
You think it does any better than a standard consumer extractor? Perhaps like the bissel lots of members use on here.

I wrestled with the same decision for months before I bought my Mytee II. The Mytee is a commercial/professional unit, with a smaller more portable tank. Think Rug Doctor. The Bissels are nice units, but can't match the suction or heat.

There are also some who really like the even more portable Aztec hot rod

bsirbu
09-13-2012, 08:00 PM

I'd definitely think so. The bissell never got hot enough IMHO and the suction wasn't nearly as powerful as the MyTee. Plus the MyTee heats up cold water to near scalding in 15 min. BIG timesaver.

Like I said though, I'd get it only if you make a living off of it. The one I have I got for a ridiculous steal off craig's, so I guess I'm the exception.

UCD
09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
I use a Sandia carpet extractor.....couldn't be happier. Made in the USA. Also cheaper than MyTee I believe.

RGL
09-14-2012, 06:03 PM
I currently use the Durrmaid Basic 1500.

It works well but I don't like the fact that it heats up the water and then stops the heater while you use the pump. If it continued to heat the water it would be perfect. From what I see the Mytee II continues to heat while in use. If I had to order one today I would go with the Mytee II.

rustytruck
09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I use a unit made by sandia. If you order it off clean freaks website and marketed under there name you get a 5 yr warranty and it costs like $100 less than the sandia.

tpr1634
09-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I love my Mytee lite 2 no problems solid machine.

dsigmon
09-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Mytee makes good reliable equipment. I clean carpet for a living. I use their full size commercial units.

I've cleaned many thousands of sq ft of carpet with mine. My pump just went down on a job the other night. I looked up to see how old the machine was & it is 8 years old. Not bad for all the carpet it has cleaned.

I looked at the specs on the Mytee Lite and I think you'll like it. There is a tremendous difference between a Bissell and a Mytee. Mytee cut their teeth on large commercial equipment.

Comparing Mytee to Bissell is like comparing a Flex polisher to a $15.99 Wenn polisher at Wally World.

van185
09-15-2012, 08:44 AM
I have the MyTee HP60 Spider and love it. It works great and so far have had no problems at all with it. Cleans very well.