PDA

View Full Version : Redline

Surfer
04-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh my god I feel dumb after watching that movie, I can't even explain how cheezy and stupid it was http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bonk.gif http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bonk.gif

The acting was just horrible, made Slow and Delerious look like a 4 star movie as far as acting. There were so many stupid parts, like the girl talking about her father Brad Martin killed in a car crash and when she has a flashback they show a scene from friggen Days of Thunder with Tom Cruises car (which apparently was her fathers) and the car freezes when the roof faces the camera and say "Cole Trickle"...I mean com'on lol. The cars saying their going friggen 200 in Vegas streets yet look like their going 35. And just like Slow and Delerious somehow all these movie cars when tehir racing sound like they have a 20 speed gear box, was like a shift every 10 seconds lol.

The special effects, the friggen camera work etc, everything was so blahhhhh. Eddie Griffen wasn't even funny.

There is only one redemming part, that damn chick Natasha was smoking hot :righton:.

nick19
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh my god I feel dumb after watching that movie, I can't even explain how cheezy and stupid it was http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bonk.gif http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bonk.gif

The acting was just horrible, made Slow and Delerious look like a 4 star movie as far as acting. There were so many stupid parts, like the girl talking about her father Brad Martin killed in a car crash and when she has a flashback they show a scene from friggen Days of Thunder with Tom Cruises car (which apparently was her fathers) and the car freezes when the roof faces the camera and say "Cole Trickle"...I mean com'on lol. The cars saying their going friggen 200 in Vegas streets yet look like their going 35. And just like Slow and Delerious somehow all these movie cars when tehir racing sound like they have a 20 speed gear box, was like a shift every 10 seconds lol.

The special effects, the friggen camera work etc, everything was so blahhhhh. Eddie Griffen wasn't even funny.

There is only one redemming part, that damn chick Natasha was smoking hot :righton:.

Was never a fan of those "riced" out cars.. haven't even seen the first. Go figure.. :)

If I wanted a fast car, I'd get one. Not hook up a Honda. Do you feel safe going 200 mph in a Honda? I don't even feel safe in them in park. Let the Honda owners prosper..

I also managed the current manager at a movie theatre, and I get to see any and all movies a day or two before they come out, and don't pay a cent. Including popcorn and drinks. Thank God for this, because some of the movies I see; are a complete waste of money.

Surfer
04-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Was never a fan of those "riced" out cars.. haven't even seen the first. Go figure.. :)

If I wanted a fast car, I'd get one. Not hook up a Honda. Do you feel safe going 200 mph in a Honda? I don't even feel safe in them in park. Let the Honda owners prosper..

I also managed the current manager at a movie theatre, and I get to see any and all movies a day or two before they come out, and don't pay a cent. Including popcorn and drinks. Thank God for this, because some of the movies I see; are a complete waste of money.Well redline wasn't exactly fartcans running around, the producer of the movie used his personal collection of exotics, but even then the Enzo was the only one resembling what the car sounds in real life. The dude even used his own money like 25-50 million to produce the film, owns Quick Loan Funding in Cali.

nick19
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Well redline wasn't exactly fartcans running around, the producer of the movie used his personal collection of exotics, but even then the Enzo was the only one resembling what the car sounds in real life. The dude even used his own money like 25-50 million to produce the film, owns Quick Loan Funding in Cali.

No? I thought fartcans were still "in"? Nice to see some "real" cars..

Damn. And I don't even think they will make 20 mil in the box office. ;)

EDIT: Redline, at a mere 4mil.

HAN
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I actually enjoyed the movie, because I went in with low expectations. I don't see movies like Fast and Furious and this for the plot, character developement or dialoge...I go for the cars (and sometime, the women). :) On those 2 levels this movie did deliver. See it matinee!

Pete

Kelso
04-16-2007, 12:38 PM
more bad reviews, no way in hell im seeing it now! this wasnt supposed to be a ricey movie though, it was all exotics from what i understand. 3 supercars have been totalled for that movie, that is a tragedy for car fanatics

Gary Sword
04-16-2007, 12:46 PM

Never saw the movie but they had to try the Red Line somewhere and guess Natash was it. :confused: I thought you had a 20 speed gearbox in your SUV Surfer.;)

Surfer
04-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Never saw the move but they had to try the Red Line somewhere and guess Natash was hit. :confused: I thought you had a 20 speed gearbox in your SUV Surfer.;)My water bottle has unlimted shifts:D

Surfer
04-16-2007, 12:52 PM
more bad reviews, no way in hell im seeing it now! this wasnt supposed to be a ricey movie though, it was all exotics from what i understand. 3 supercars have been totalled for that movie, that is a tragedy for car fanaticsAll the owners cars, David Serek, who also made the movie with his own money. He used his own private collection. He owns Quick Loan Funding in Cali, which was weird as the opening scene showed the building for the company but had nothing to do with the movie. He's in it for a split second in a scene witha poker game.

Adde
04-16-2007, 03:03 PM
yea there arent any "ricer's" in this movie and it doesnt relate to fast and the furious in any way... yea pretty cool that the guy used his own cars.

The days of thunder scene.... stupid as hell.

Surfer
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
yea there arent any "ricer's" in this movie and it doesnt relate to fast and the furious in any way... yea pretty cool that the guy used his own cars.

The days of thunder scene.... stupid as hell.That just irked the hell outta me, b/c she had posters and pictures with her fathers name 'Brad Martin" and the picture was hte creash from Days of Thunder LOL. And then the flashback showed the roof where it said "Cole Trickle"....at least come up with a scene thats believable, dude behind me was like "### that was Days of Thunder".

But I forgive her.....she was soooooo hotttttttt Im the MAN:awesome:

klumzypinoy
04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I had a BAD feeling about this movie. Looked like something that would be as bad as Slow and Useless :-P

Surfer
04-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Talk about bad reviews, Rotten Tomatoes didn't even give it a bad tomatoe, gave no tomatoe LOL Redline - Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/redline/)