PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question about using a "Cheapo" buffer

39 Chev
09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Hello everyone. I've been doing lots of reading since I discovered this forum. LOTS of great info here.

I have always kept my car "clean", but it looks like I have a lot to learn about keeping a car REALLY CLEAN...

I have a dark blue car (2009 model) that has some minor swirls in it (they were in it when I bought it, I think the dealer buffed it out). I have a cheapo 10" orbital buffer (you know the ones you can buy at Walmart). This buffer spins at about 2500 rpm (I think) and is not adjustable. Unfortunately, buying a quality orbital buffer is not in the cards right now, so I will have to either use the buffer I have or polish the car by hand.

This is a daily driver that I don't need to be absolutely perfect, but I'd like to minimize the swirls and buffing marks...So I was thinking of using Blackfire Total Polish and Seal or Poorboy's World Polish and Sealant.

First question, is one these products a good one to use, considering my goals as described above?

Second, would it be better to use the cheapo buffer or to try to do it by hand.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!!!

350z00m
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
not to be mean.. but your better off polishing by hand.... the buffer/polish u have.. all its good for is spreading wax... doesnt have enough power to do any paint correction... save some $$ and pick yourself up a PC or something alike.

and both products are decent stuff... they are AIO(All-In-One) products.

39 Chev
09-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks 350. That's kind-of what I thought. Oh well, I will apply by hand for now and save up for a quality buffer like the PC.

I noticed in another thread where someone asked the best AIO product to apply by hand and someone mentioned XMT360, but when I researched that product it stated that it was specifically made for Power application?

Boy, there's a lot of products out there...hard for a newbie to pick one to use

01GreyStangGT
09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Both are good. The Blackfire is a little easier because you buff it until it diappears and leaves very little residue. I've used and liked both products.