PDA

View Full Version : Detailed tonight: BFWD, new pads, Blacklight

scooterguitar
09-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Figured I'd chime in since I've been silent past few weeks.
Went for a quick, but good detail on my '12 black Colorado. Few weeks back I applied Blacklight by hand followed by V7 with decent results after my initial detail topped with WG sealer and Souveran.
Been dying to try my new flat pads on PC, so this was the first chance. I've used Edge pads since day one....
What a difference flat pads (5.5") make! Amazed how much more pressure I'm able to apply without the pad stopping compared to the old Edge ones! A+
So after many reads, I figured I'd try Blacklight as a light correcting agent since some have luck with it. I polished the truck out nicely when I got this summer, but you know black and all those tiny darn scratches from simply being a daily driver keep coming at ya :<(
Used a white pad with BL...no luck man :<( I don't think it corrected at all, but looks nice enough, wish I'd of spent the time using WG finishing glaze instead.

I did not apply a second coat and went right to the Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant sample I got with my last order. The other day I did a small section just to see and amazed at how well it sheds water and the elements from living in the country...so I went to town on it tonight! Looks great and super slick. I always swore by my old Wolfgang sealer, but wanted to try this before ordering new sealant, though I haven't tried WG 3.0 yet, I think my next order will be for the Wet Diamond. I have to say, I think the BF is a little easier working for me than the old WG which surprises me!
Gonna wash again after the weekend camping trip and top it...? another coat of BFWD or go straight to Souveran? Probably see how wiping down with V7 goes after that before a big prep before winter.

And one more question...The BFWD sample: I continually kept shaking it, but kept noticing water-like drops here and there coming out on my applicator...normal?

Thanks and :xyxthumbs:

MinnBobber
09-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the report.
I love it too. Did my wife's silver metallic Accord and the look and feel are primo.

I've just done one coat, thinking about another coat of BFWD or Collinite Marq de Elegance.
Let us know what you do for second coat and how it turns out.
Bob

scooterguitar
09-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Will do, Bob!

scooterguitar
09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Ok, update: after camping my truck had a bunch of bird poop and tree sap, ugh. Did light wash with honeydew snowfoam in the hose gun, two bucket method...BF help up great! Bad stuff came right off! Added another coat of BFWD and she's slick slick again. Next wash I'll top with a Nuba.