PDA

View Full Version : STEAM CLEAN machine! hey that rhymes

Pages : [1] 2

sapple89
04-16-2007, 01:12 AM
i am looking for a steam cleaner, under 100$. any suggestions?
i have smelly leather that smells.will a steam cleaning take away the smell?
how much would you charger?

sanman
04-16-2007, 06:56 AM
i am looking for a steam cleaner, under 100$. any suggestions?
i have smelly leather that smells.will a steam cleaning take away the smell?
how much would you charger?

Here you go. At walmart. 68.00 and some change.

Bissell "Little Green" Multipurpose Deep Cleaner - Wal-Mart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1912923)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/sanman65/0001112000053_215X215.jpg

Nica
04-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Man, that's cheap. I wonder how long it would last but regardless if you can get a few vehicles cleaned with this "Little Green" it pays for it's self really.

Thanks for sharing sanman.

sparkie
04-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Man, that's cheap. I wonder how long it would last but regardless if you can get a few vehicles cleaned with this "Little Green" it pays for it's self really.

Thanks for sharing sanman.
It's not really steam, just hot water. I had one and sent it to Nick. Works good on carpet.

Nica
04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
It's not really steam, just hot water. I had one and sent it to Nick. Works good on carpet.

Oh really, well that's all I need. I've looking for something to clean my carpet with on all vehicles. I wonder, would it do the chairs too? Cloth chairs that is. I'm assuming it would but just thought I'd ask.

Sorry not trying to high jack just curious.

Jimmie
04-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I've got the "Little Green" and use it often. It can spray a fan of hot water when you pull the trigger, and suck it up when released. The only reason that I use it is to save the filter in my wet/dry vac. You can do the same thing with a spray bottle and a wet/dry vac. In fact I go back over with the wet/dry to put the lines in the carpet.

Gary Sword
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
My wife just brought a steam cleaner but I think she paid over $100.00 for it. I have never used it for anything or thought about using it to detail cars. When it comes to detailing cars what all can a steam cleaner be used for?

BetaB
04-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I broke down and went to target for it, and it's worked great for me. If my fiancee let me get a shop vac(5+ HP), then I would have used that with a sprayer, but i have to use the one that our housemates have(wimpy 2HP). But it does it's thing, not super powerful, but plenty for mats and carpets. Not to mention the spots all over our house from drunk college kids. It has cleaned up NASTY, you don;t even want to know, stains pretty well, especially when combined with 303 spot/carpet cleaner.

EDIT: as a side note if you get it, I boil some water in our electric water pot and put that in the h20 container w/o any treatment saop. I then spot clean/scrub everything with a bottle and scrub brush, then just extract with hot h20. The one with the built in heater helps keeps the water really hot after the boil.

joe.p
04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
When it comes to detailing cars what all can a steam cleaner be used for?Hey Gary!!
Wheels,engine,carpet ,cloth interiors,cracks/criveces(sp) that are hard to reach i even see Troy(DC) use one topped with a MF to clean leather seats..

the one Troy uses is a commercial grade

bambo2888
04-16-2007, 06:02 PM
i want one!

Gary Sword
04-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey Gary!!
Wheels,engine,carpet ,cloth interiors,cracks/criveces(sp) that are hard to reach i even see Troy(DC) use one topped with a MF to clean leather seats..

the one Troy uses is a commercial grade

Thanks Joe I'll have to give it a try. I'm sure my wife will have something to say when I start using it to detail cars. My wife said the one she goy puts out all steam and no water.

nick19
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks Joe I'll have to give it a try. I'm sure my wife will have something to say when I start using it to detail cars. My wife said the one she goy puts out all steam and no water.

I would hope so... then it would only be a "hot water" heater and not a steam cleaner. ;)

Gary Sword
04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
I would hope so... then it would only be a "hot water" heater and not a steam cleaner. ;)

I have heard that some of acutally put out more hot water then they do steam.

White95DodgeRam
04-16-2007, 06:24 PM
i have used an actual comercial grade steam cleaner while at work on my truck, to be honest the steam doesnt do much for carpets i much rather prefer the "hot water" cleaners......

now when it came to my engie with that steam cleaner i was hooked :D

sparkie
04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh really, well that's all I need. I've looking for something to clean my carpet with on all vehicles. I wonder, would it do the chairs too? Cloth chairs that is. I'm assuming it would but just thought I'd ask.

Sorry not trying to high jack just curious.
Yes, yes. Ask all you want, brother.