PDA

View Full Version : Did a 2 Step on a Dodge 3500 Dually to prep for Opti coat- Gonna love this one!

ShineTimeDetail
09-10-2012, 05:50 PM
So I had a buddy that bought a 3500 dually a few weeks ago and it was in horrible condition! I mean it had so many swirls I couldn't believe the dealership let it sit on their lot that way(Large dealership in stl) So anyway I did a 2 step and the truck looked great. That day everything was giving me trouble. It wasn't supposed to rain and it did cameras battery kept dying etc.

Anyways I got the truck done and I was talking about opti coat and he told me he wanted it on his truck. So its been a week and I saw him yesterday and couldn't believe the truck!! I asked him where the hell he had it washed and he said, 'I did it'. Lol I asked what he used and he said his pressure washer....I said that's it?? He said well yea plus my brush. I was like man!!! You can't do that!! He started looking at the paint and he was like yea I screwed that on up, didn't I? So I told him I had to do at least a one step polish or he'll be upset with the results.

Man I don't wanna do a one step to this beast again! I gotta cut him a deal to cause he's a good friend of mine haha :nomore:

Vegas Transplant
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
You're a good friend Tom.

Send a link to his phone or email. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/40056-how-maintain-freshly-waxed-car.html

master detailer
09-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Friends lol been there .Bad part is just looking at there stuff and know how much better you can make it look.
But the key thing is not to say anything about it lol.You say it can be better its all over you do it to your self lol.
Like having a pick up and they are moving lol.