PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a Flex 3401 kit....not sure which one

blknitro11
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi guys! Im a noob to machine polishing and i have been watching a lot of Mikes video's on the Flex and i am impressed. I usually did everything by hand....takes to darn long and really never saw the results i see with the machine buffers. Im pretty set on the Flex 3401 but im not sure which kit to get.....I have a Black 2011 Dodge nitro and im not sure if i should get the Wolfgang kit, Blackfire kit, or the XMT kit. Which one of those products give the best results? Feed back please

Thanks a bunch for the feedback....cant wait to make my purchase and get going with it :) I would like to eventually detail on the side. I have done a few of my family members cars but I did it for free....would like to start making some cash on the side. Cheers! :buffing:

scooterguitar
09-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Same boat here. Most will say to purchase separately, but I'll go with a kit to have more products on-hand and/or pads I assume. And of course, add some more pads to it with whatever I get.
I've used Wolfgang stuff for maybe 5 years now, love it. Starting to try the BF line as well and it seems great too.

It would make things easier if they had some add-on options at a discount with a polisher and/or kit to make custom packages perhaps, but they have great deals already, so... :>)

CHALM
09-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi guys! Im a noob to machine polishing and i have been watching a lot of Mikes video's on the Flex and i am impressed. I usually did everything by hand....takes to darn long and really never saw the results i see with the machine buffers. Im pretty set on the Flex 3401 but im not sure which kit to get.....I have a Black 2011 Dodge nitro and im not sure if i should get the Wolfgang kit, Blackfire kit, or the XMT kit. Which one of those products give the best results? Feed back please

Thanks a bunch for the feedback....cant wait to make my purchase and get going with it :) I would like to eventually detail on the side. I have done a few of my family members cars but I did it for free....would like to start making some cash on the side. Cheers! :buffing:

I bought mine separately and pieced everything together. For example, My FLEX was $319, on Amazon. I bought it through PBMG (the parent company of Autogeek). I called autogeek and they matched it. I then bought a few LC flat pads (2-3 of each that I wanted). As far as products are concerned...that is personal preferance. I hear great things about Blackfire and would like to try them one day. That being said, perhaps the BF package isn't that bad of a deal. It looks like you get some good pads, products that you'll use, and two towels. Good luck with the purchase. You'll love the 3401. :props:

RoadRageDetail
09-10-2012, 03:56 PM
I bought my Flex with the Menzerna kit and was very pleased with my purchase. The Menz IP and FF are wonderful to work with and give great feedback as to how much product is enough, when its time to wipe down, etc. They are good enough that I have yet to open the Menz glaze. I simply haven't needed it. Get the orange, white and black pads with the kit, buy a red and gold for lsp applications.

The menzerna products included are great at boosting shine and depth through the stratosphere while eliminating most light defects like shallow swirls and water spots. If you're looking to make improvements on harsher defects, you'll want to look into adding more aggressive polishes to your buggy.

matthilaman
09-12-2012, 12:49 AM
I purchased my BF kit during the labor day sale and finally was able to use it. I did a new car prep on a friends F150 tonight. one stage of menzerna 106FA and one coat of BF wet diamond. So far im impressed with both products, especially the flex! it was definitely tougher to get used to the direct drive compared to my Griots, but i cant wait to do a full correction on my audi next week. As for products, i think you couldnt go wrong with either the menzerna kit or the BF kit. i opted for the BF kit because of the price, and i wanted to use wet diamond over powerlock.