PDA

View Full Version : Good air compressor for drying, Tornador etc etc

anson89
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Finally setting up the shop.

What's a good brand/size/model air compressor for drying, Tornador, Optimum Opti Gun etc etc?

tuscarora dave
09-09-2012, 11:30 PM
If you're going to be working with the compressor every day, I'd be looking at something like this compressor at a minimum.

FREE SHIPPING — Quincy Compressor Reciprocating Air Compressor — 5 HP, 230 Volt Single Phase, Model# 2V41C60VC | 19 CFM Below| Northern Tool + Equipment (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200350475_200350475)

If you can't swing something like this maybe look at something in a comparable size from Harbor Freight tools.

Using a compressor day in and day out will kill any smaller oil less compressor and the single stage compressors won't give you any room for growth. Also the chinese compressors are nearly impossible to get parts for even though they will come with a parts list, getting the parts is another story.

Anything Quincy or Ingersol Rand can't be beat for reliability and parts availability.

tdrake2406
09-10-2012, 12:18 AM
personally for drying i prefer an electric leaf blower. I have a compressor not sure what size it is but it kicks on a lot. i wish i would have gotten a bigger one. The leaf blower i got was from home depot and ran me about 40 bucks along with a 6 dollar warranty.