PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to romove the brown stain where people put their left foot?

ShineTimeDetail
09-09-2012, 10:22 AM
So every car has that spot in the left corner of the floor board that has the rubber piece to rest your left foot. Around that rubber piece it is always brown. 75% of the time I can't get that 100% clean. I will clean it use full strength apc but it never leaves. I know there is no more dirt there because when I take a white towel and no dirt transfers to the towel.

Any suggestions?

ihaveacamaro
09-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Maybe try the solution finish on bogo right now?

Vegas Transplant
09-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Tom, I've never been able to completely remove with APC, carpet cleaner, or extractor.
The older the vehicle, and the more neglected...the more set in the carpet.

Subscribed.

AutowerxDetailing
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I am never satisfied with how that spot turns out. Especially on light color carpets and neglected vehicles. Sometimes I find myself spening 10mins+ just on that one little spot and it still doesn't get 100% clean.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

mwoolfso
09-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Considering the location and the color..... magic marker works at times. it never needs to be 100% blended, just not brown

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

primo spaghetti
09-09-2012, 06:05 PM
did you try folex?

Robert8194
09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
So every car has that spot in the left corner of the floor board that has the rubber piece to rest your left foot. Around that rubber piece it is always brown. 75% of the time I can't get that 100% clean. I will clean it use full strength apc but it never leaves. I know there is no more dirt there because when I take a white towel and no dirt transfers to the towel.

Any suggestions?

Steam and tornador work for me but like you say, can't get it 100% clean 100% of the time. Can be very annoying.

Larry A
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
If its brown , and should be grey you have to dye it . They make several shades of grey in a areosol can for auto carpets . Find it at a place that sells auto paint.

ShineTimeDetail
09-09-2012, 08:24 PM
If its brown , and should be grey you have to dye it . They make several shades of grey in a areosol can for auto carpets . Find it at a place that sells auto paint.

dye doesn't last...it may give you a few months maybe a year.

Hoytman
09-09-2012, 09:05 PM
If it's rubber, then M39 is awesome for rubber flooring. If you have a tornador that's even better with M39 and some hot water.

I've used Meg's APC+ as well and love it too, but I still love M39.

ShineTimeDetail
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
If it's rubber, then M39 is awesome for rubber flooring. If you have a tornador that's even better with M39 and some hot water.

I've used Meg's APC+ as well and love it too, but I still love M39.

I'm talking about the carpet around the foot rest

Hoytman
09-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I missed the, "Around the rubber piece" part. If I couldn't find anything that would work, including the Meg's APC+ I wouldn't be afraid to think outside the box. I'm talking testing in an inconspicuous area first, then proceed with any given product...and I'm thinking M39. Yeah I know, it's supposed to be for vynil and plastic...even used to be called plastic vynil prep...for preparation of dyes and such. However, if it doesn't discolor the fabric, then you should be okay. Just don't leave it on too long, it's powerful stuff.

AutowerxDetailing
09-09-2012, 09:21 PM
You could always try some 409 and a folded wash mitt. Im the MAN

Lasthope05
09-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Have you tried using a real stain remover instead of just an APC? Folex has worked the majority of the time for most stains and ususally if that doesnt work I resort to using steam and krud kutter.

davidc11291
09-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Mineral spirits was invented for use in the dry cleaning industry. I use it occasionally on trashed carpet stains when I've got nothing to lose.

Also, SEM carpet spray paint is great for stuff like that. The only problem is having to buy a $12 can just to match the exact color on whatever car you're working on. Plus the time factor of having to stop in the middle of the job and go get it. Not really a viable option due to cost and time constraints, unless you maybe keep 4 shades of grey and 4 shades of tan on hand?