PDA

View Full Version : Learn auto detailing today!

Pages : [1] 2

sanman
04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Check out this online college that has a detailing course:
Auto Detailer | Penn Foster Career School (http://www.pennfoster.edu/detailer/index.html?semkey=Q094522)

Full Payment Plan: Total price $813.00
You Save $385 Now*.
Enroll Now (javascript:link(2);)

Automatic Payment Plan: Total price $838.00
You Save $360 Now*. Make a down payment and establish easy, interest-free monthly payments that will be automatically charged to a credit/debit card or bank account.

Standard Payment Plan: Total price $898.00
You Save $300 Now. Make a down payment and make monthly payments using a payment book, that you will receive from Penn Foster by mail.
And look what you get for graduating!

Graduation Set
(Sent to you when all program requirements and financial obligations have been met.)

RyobiŽ 10" Buffer/Polisher

TjMonsen5
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
is this a course that teaches you all about polishing and paint restoration or the actual business aspect of starting your own business? I think AutoGeek is a good enough learning place for me! :) Probably could learn more too, for free!

Nica
04-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I for one would really enjoy the hands on tutorial, I sure wish Canada could get something like that together. I heard of a guy named Kevin Farrell, who has a two day course all hands on. He's got a video too, has anyone ever heard of this guy? Good or bad?

Well just wondering...but yes, I would consider spending the money to learn from the pro's as long as I feel it's worth it. The more I re-search about the paint process and how things are done now the more interesting i find it....well that's just me.

sanman
04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
I for one would really enjoy the hands on tutorial, I sure wish Canada could get something like that together. I heard of a guy named Kevin Farrell, who has a two day course all hands on. He's got a video too, has anyone ever heard of this guy? Good or bad?

Well just wondering...but yes, I would consider spending the money to learn from the pro's as long as I feel it's worth it. The more I re-search about the paint process and how things are done now the more interesting i find it....well that's just me.

It is not a hands on course. It is an online training course.

Nica
04-15-2007, 07:24 PM
oh....mmm...not sure if I would be interested on that...but thanks for sharing.

Jimmie
04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
California price is approximately $1200. California only. That makes me a little skeptical that there may be a hidden costs tied to those "Stinger" products. I would love to enroll and say that I've got my own products. That would be one time that it would be a kick to do some name dropping. "Yeah, I only use Souveran paste wax."
Disclaimer: I could be and probably are wrong. Just leary with the two tier charge system.

HAN
04-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Kevin Farrel runs Kleen Car auto detailing, and his video is called"Buffing with confidence" Its really good and have PC, cyclo, and a LOT of rotay technique demonstrated. I recommend it!

Pete

Nica
04-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Kevin Farrel runs Kleen Car auto detailing, and his video is called"Buffing with confidence" Its really good and have PC, cyclo, and a LOT of rotay technique demonstrated. I recommend it!

Pete

Really Pete, wow I didn't realize it would have all three..PC, Cyclo and rotary huh....very interesting...and you recommend it. Well, sounds like I need to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the feed back Pete. Much appretiated.

Nuke33
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Ill stick to AG hehe

orngez
04-16-2007, 03:52 AM
any forum member is more than welcome to visit me in socal....i'd be more than happy to teach for free...

Nica
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
any forum member is more than welcome to visit me in socal....i'd be more than happy to teach for free...

Man I wished I lived close to you...I would jump on that in a heart beat...lol.

Jimmie
04-16-2007, 09:56 AM

What a nice offer. My hats off to you my friend. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Racin10s
04-16-2007, 07:29 PM
What a nice offer. My hats off to you my friend. :applause: :applause: :applause:

:iagree: I sure wish I lived close too.

MikeyC
04-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Pete

I think that video is $50 isn't it? I'm still :mad: about the whole no rotary DVD from Show Car Garage. Their video would have been half that price.

Woob
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Kleen Car by Kevin Ferrell is good, one of the top in the industry! Course looks a bit iffy.