PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips on Polishing Stainless Steel?

TOFAST4U2C
09-08-2012, 08:08 PM
I would like to transform the ugly streaky satin finish on my toy haulers stainless fender wells to something more appealing. Can someone tell me what the best approach and product would be? Thanks Jack.
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/jtramuta/sidereflect2.jpg

TOFAST4U2C
09-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Wow, 103 views and no one works with stainless??? I guess I will get some Flitz and never dull and see how that goes.

AutowerxDetailing
09-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I haven't done a lot of metal polishing but I hear a lot of good things about Flitz.

rmagnus
09-09-2012, 10:59 PM
+2 on Flitz.Try their polisher that fits in a drill. Should make short work of those fenders. Nice toy hauler!

oldmodman
09-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Unless the fenders were mirror polished from the factory you will probably not find that just using a one step polish is going to make much difference. But it might. Give it a try, but if it doesn't give you the results you want, see below.

You will probably have to take the fenders off the trailer and start from the beginning.

When I polished my stainless exhaust system I used 5 grades of sandpaper, they a rotary polisher and a felt wheel on a 1hp polisher. Took me all weekend and made a GIGANTIC mess. But I ended up with a mirror like surface on both the pipes and mufflers.