PDA

View Full Version : Water Restrictions

Pages : [1] 2

BlackCoupe
04-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Got 'em here in Palm Beach County, Can only wash my car on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 4AM to 8AM and 5PM to 7PM, and you have to wash it on grass.

I called about this, and they explained that its the CAR that is supposed to be on grass. Glad I checked, because it was taking a REALLY long time, I was getting REALLY hungry, and I was missing a lot spots.

supercharged
04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Got 'em here in Palm Beach County, Can only wash my car on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 4AM to 8AM and 5PM to 7PM, and you have to wash it on grass.

I called about this, and they explained that its the CAR that is supposed to be on grass. Glad I checked, because it was taking a REALLY long time, I was getting REALLY hungry, and I was missing a lot spots.
Why don't you try rinseless car wash then? DP 4-in-1, or Optimum No Rinse.

Gary Sword
04-15-2007, 03:50 PM
We have them now in South West Florida too. It really sucks and they keep changing the the watering days. We actually had a lot of rain her this morning but the suns out now.

ScottB
04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Oops ... I washed both in the driveway last evening. Seems ridiculous we are to blame for Water Managements error in over releasing water last year during hurricane season.

Stittville Ed
04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
No restrictions in Upstate NY, but as I look out the window right now it is snowing :(

Racin10s
04-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah, it is here too in Upstate NY... We have had a few inches on the ground since this AM.:mad::mad:

Reddwarf
04-15-2007, 08:01 PM
So they want you to drive your car on to your yard to wash the car?! That's nuts!

FloridaNative
04-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I hate these water restrictions too! My car is the dirtiest it's ever been. I'm really tempted to go out in the next rain storm and soap it up while it's pouring. lol Although this weather we've had today is just friggin nuts!

Nica
04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Well no water restrictions here in Canada just yet, but we are not allowed to wash our vehicles neither on grass nor on our driveway. Apparently there is a law that prohibits citizens to wash vehicle because the water could get in the sewer system and I guess the fear is that a bunch of toxic chemicals or perhaps a combination of chemicals could be bad...bla bla bla...I don't remember the excuse here but all I know that if I get caught washing my vehicle at home I'll get a $500 fine...man that sucks!!!

To be honest, I don't know the entire story. I'm trying to find the true reason...maybe Calgarydetail can inform me or anyone from Canada.

I think I'm going to try DP 4-in-1, or Optimum No Rinse.

jfsully
04-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Oops ... I washed both in the driveway last evening. Seems ridiculous we are to blame for Water Managements error in over releasing water last year during hurricane season.

I too live in So Florida. I am using QDs and DP waterless washes. Ive been using these since the retrictions began.

Killr you surprise me, the water dsitricts mistake has nothing to do with your responsibility to conserve water at this time. I agree that we are not totally to blame for the issue (I think mother nature shares the blame with the water district and our rapid growth in South Florida).

Selfish self-centerdness and ignoring the issue only compounds the current problem.:rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents.

bambo2888
04-15-2007, 09:38 PM
screw it, ill wash my car whenever i want. I know, "suit yourself". whatever, then can try to catch me in the act if they'd like... my car takes priority.

BlackCoupe
04-15-2007, 09:44 PM

I don't know enough about it to comment--but that never stopped me before, so here goes: it could be that it was just an error in hindsight--but was does seem to be misjudgment is waiting so long now to impose the restrictions. But I am talking through my hat.

Gary Sword
04-15-2007, 09:49 PM
As far as watering my grass I do obey the restrictions but if my cars need washed I wash them.

supercharged
04-15-2007, 11:32 PM
These water restrictions really suck. Pretty soon they might get so bad, that they will tell you you can flush a toilet more then once a day...:o :cheers:

rscpa
04-16-2007, 05:29 AM
Quit complaining... at least you can wash the cars. Totally prohibited washing car in driveway.... grass or no grass in El Paso. Of course we get less than 8 iniches of rain per year so that might have something to do with it......:D