PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use MF detergent and an HE washer to wash their towels?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
09-07-2012, 11:07 PM
HE washers work in a completely different way. Add the detergent first, then run the cycle? It seems as thought the MF detergent is too thin and will be lost in the holes in the washer??

Eandras
09-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Yes. The MF detergent is low sudsing. I also add a cup of white vinegar to the wash as well

Bigbull2984
09-08-2012, 12:08 AM
You can always add it with some water. I usually use 1 oz of MF wash and fill up with water in the 3 oz cup and pour it in.

seakans
09-08-2012, 12:23 AM
wow on this appearing in FB feed that teeters on the line of absolutely ADD ridiculousness. Wash the towels with soap and stop focusing so hard on granules of detergent and the catastrophic effects on microfiber integrity. Dry them, move on.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-08-2012, 12:33 AM
wow on this appearing in FB feed that teeters on the line of absolutely ADD ridiculousness. Wash the towels with soap and stop focusing so hard on granules of detergent and the catastrophic effects on microfiber integrity. Dry them, move on.
Whoa, whoa, slow down kid! I like using MF detergent and I feel the viscosity of it might be too thin to use with an HE washer to be effective. If I used regular laundry detergent with an HE washer, or, the MF cleaner with a traditional washer, this wouldn't be an issue. I might have to resort to one of these, but I was just curious. Relax!

seakans
09-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Whoa, whoa, slow down kid! I like using MF detergent and I feel the viscosity of it might be too thin to use with an HE washer to be effective. If I used regular laundry detergent with an HE washer, or, the MF cleaner with a traditional washer, this wouldn't be an issue. I might have to resort to one of these, but I was just curious. Relax!

I'm sorry, just saw a large chunk of AGO threads flood my feed (ongoing irritant), and was like why are people over analyzing about detergents? The last OCD one I saw a few weeks ago was a poor soul worried over rinse bucket liquid levels. LOL As for MF towels, I just wash mine in an HE washer with HE Tide and I'm done. Sometimes twice if they still feel a bit waxy. They come out just fine.

olbear1962
09-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Have used MF detergent with and without vinegar, works like a charm in my HE washer.
I dry the MF's in the dryer low heat, no dryer sheets.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-08-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm sorry, just saw a large chunk of AGO threads flood my feed (ongoing irritant), and was like why are people over analyzing about detergents? The last OCD one I saw a few weeks ago was a poor soul worried over rinse bucket liquid levels. LOL As for MF towels, I just wash mine in an HE washer with HE Tide and I'm done. Sometimes twice if they still feel a bit waxy. They come out just fine.
No worries. I'm just trying to figure out if using MF detergent is effective in an HE washer. Nothing more, nothing less. To me, it seems like the lack of sudsing with MF detergent wouldn't be "activated" in an HE washer. The thicker traditional detergents(tide, etc..) would make a lot more sense. I'm going to pick up some ALL Free & Clear and be done with it. :dblthumb2:

oldmodman
09-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Yep. I do.

I have a front load Kenmore High Efficiency washer and wash my MF with Micro restore.

Micro-Restore doesn’t just clean microfiber, it restores microfiber! (http://www.autogeek.net/mideco128oz.html)

And I use about half the recommended quantity.

But I always wash wax covered MF separately from all the other MF towels. And I do use a full cap then.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Have used MF detergent with and without vinegar, works like a charm in my HE washer.
I dry the MF's in the dryer low heat, no dryer sheets.
What's your process?

Bunky
09-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Microrestore, Blackfire, and DP all work fine in a He washer. They are all low sudsing and you just need to adjust the amount to get the job done.

As usual with any He washer, the washer controls the water amount by load so add a lot of soap may lead to residual soap in the towels so may need to add a second rinse and use vinegar.

Andy6228
09-08-2012, 07:54 AM
I've used the pinnacle mf cleaner with an he washer with no problems. Just use a second rinse to make sure there is no residue left.

Setec Astronomy
09-08-2012, 07:58 AM
HE washers work in a completely different way. Add the detergent first, then run the cycle? It seems as thought the MF detergent is too thin and will be lost in the holes in the washer??

No worries. I'm just trying to figure out if using MF detergent is effective in an HE washer. Nothing more, nothing less. To me, it seems like the lack of sudsing with MF detergent wouldn't be "activated" in an HE washer. The thicker traditional detergents(tide, etc..) would make a lot more sense. I'm going to pick up some ALL Free & Clear and be done with it. :dblthumb2:

Wow, you really lost me here. Lost in the holes? The holes are in the liner, not the actual water vessel...if the detergent could get lost in the holes, the water would too.

Sudsing is not what does the cleaning, it's a byproduct of how the product is formulated. As long as you have water in the machine, the detergent will be "activated". The reason you need to use low-sudsing detergents in front-load machines has to do with with the tumbling action which causes more sudsing than a top loader.

arack
09-08-2012, 08:05 AM
MF cleaner is another one of the great scams of this decade. Just use a little regular detergent and you will be fine. Stop overthinking this.

Hoytman
09-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Just use a second rinse to make sure there is no residue left.

A dermatologist once told me that you should always rinse twice, if you have minor skin irritations, because residual soap is always left behind after a single rinsing. This residual gets less and less with each rinse. However, the dermatologist did mention that usually two rinse cycles are sufficient for most people with minor allergies, and that the amount of items in the washer can affect the rinse as well.

In other words, a half load of towels will rinse better with a large cycle versus a medium cycle. Common sense really dictates that less wash items and more water equals better rinsing.

The reason you need to use low-sudsing detergents in front-load machines has to do with with the tumbling action which causes more sudsing than a top loader.

Exactly! However, HE washers may indeed be more efficient at rinsing, idk. You'd probably just have to experiment to see what works best. I'm always cautious and rinse twice.

For detailing towels this is what I do. I always rinse twice and I'd still do it even if I had a HE washer. I do it as a precaution now, and would then also.

I think Mike Phillips uses Tide free and clear, or perhaps regular Tide if I recall correctly. I use All brand...called All Free and Clear and I rinse twice...with vinegar in the rinse cycle...about 8 ounces in a large load rinse cycle. Never had an issue.